St John’s Medical College (SJMC) was founded in the year 1963, by the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of India (CBCI) with a view to promote the concept of rational medical education. Since its inception, the medical college has been benefited by the efforts of qualified faculty members and sharp-minded students. The formative years of the medical college witnessed huge amount of contribution made by many renowned personalities from the medical sector. The college is committed to responsibly serve the poor ones.
The college is prominent as being the largest Non governmental contributor to healthcare in India. The medical college is consecrated by the visits of many well-known personalities including Pope Paul VI, former President of India Mr. VV Giri. The medical college currently sprawls across a 140-acre campus in Koramangala, Bangalore. The St. Martha’s hospital was a teaching hospital for the students of St. John’s Medical College in its formative years.
The year 1975 saw the foundation of St John’s Medical College Hospital which became the Academic Hospital of the college. The college has been ranked consistently as one of the top 10 Medical Colleges in India. National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has granted 5 star Grades to the college for its excellent academics and impeccable functionality.
The college promotes experiential learning experience alongside a stack of opportunities to fathom the importance of the career in the medical / healthcare sector. The college pays a hearty tribute to the professionals who transformed SJMC into a Mecca of quality Medical Education. The college has emerged as one of the dream destinations for the aspirants looking for a vibrant career in the healthcare sector.
The St. John’s Medical College Bangalore reserves MBBS seats for a variety of categories including Religious Sisters (Nuns), Brothers, Priests, Roman Catholic Christians, Roman Catholic Christian Dalits, Roman Catholic Christian Tribes, Native North Indian Roman Catholic Christians, Roman Catholic Christians under All India Open Merit, Roman Catholic Christians of Karnataka State and Differently abled Roman Catholic Christians.
MBBS Admission Process:
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Admission in St. John’s Medical College Bangalore
• Candidates should qualify in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test UG (NEET UG) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
• Candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on or before 31 December of the Year of MBBS Admission.
• Candidates should have passed in their 12th standard with 50% minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology with English as one of the subjects.
• Candidates belonging to categories like SC/ST/OBC should have passed with 40% minimum marks.
MBBS Seat Selection Process in St John’s Medical College Bangalore
MBBS Seat Allotment for State quota seats in St John’s Medical College Bangalore depends upon the rank obtained in NEET UG. The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) conducts counselling for MBBS admission in St. John’s Medical College Bangalore for State quota MBBS seats.
PG Medical Admission Process:
Eligibility Criteria for PG Medical Admission in St. John’s Medical College Bangalore
• It is mandatory for the candidate to qualify in NEET PG exam conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
• Candidates should have passes MBBS from a medical college recognized by MCI and affiliated to any of the lawfully established Universities in India.
• Candidates should have completed a compulsory Internship as on or before 31 March of the Year of PG medical admission.
Eligibility Criteria for NRI, Foreign Nationals and People of Indian Origin:
• Candidates should qualify in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test PG (NEET PG) conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
• Candidates should furnish the appropriate documents to prove their Foreign/NRI status.
• Candidates should qualify in NBE Screening Test.
PG Medical Seat Selection Process
PG Medical Seat Allotment for State quota seats in St John’s Medical College Bangalore depends upon the rank obtained in NEET PG. The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) conducts counselling for PG medical admission in St. John’s Medical College Bangalore for State quota PG medical seats.