MBBS is one of the most coveted degrees in the world as it provides people an incredible opportunity to serve fellow humans by curing and saving their lives. This is one of the fundamental reasons why becoming a Doctor is often perceived as one of the noblest professions in the world. This fact serves as inspiration for millions of teenagers in India who aspire to pursue MBBS degree for themselves within as well as outside India. There are many countries which have emerged as destination of choice for MBBS aspirants and among them MBBS Study in Philippines is one of the most preferred one. Philippines has some distinct advantages over other countries like Bangladesh & Nepal and many other countries which has contributed to its meteoric rise Philippines as sought after country for MBBS aspirants.
Lists of Advantages MBBS Study in Philippines:
1. Philippines was under colonial rule of Spain and later US for many decades. US colonial rule ensured that American education system made its inroads in the country.
2. Today Philippines has more than 40 medical colleges and it is home to thousands of international students from around world, off which more than 50% are from India.
3. MBBS Study in Philippines is structured similar to US and degree which is being offered is MD (much like US) which is equivalent to MBBS from India. This is degree is duly recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI) also.
4. But yes after completion of this degree, Indian students would be required to pass the Foreign Medical Graduate Exam (FMGE) to start practising in India or to appear for post graduate entrance examinations.
5. Cost is another significant factor which comes into picture while pursuing higher professional education. Overall, degree comes home at a paltry amount of 25 Lakh rupees which is almost one fifth of the cost of pursuing the same in India under private or deemed university.
Lists of Difference between MBBS study in Philippines compare to Bangladesh & Nepal
|Elements||Philippines||Bangladesh & Nepal|
|English Advantage||Biggest advantage of Philippine is English. Just as Indians are educated in English as India was a colony of UK; Philippines-was a US colony. English is second official language in Philippines.||English is not local language for both countries Hindi; Nepali & Bengali are major languages. But curriculum are instructed by English only.|
|US & International Job Advantage||Philippines are the largest supplier of trained nurses & Doctors to USA & several other countries. Strong culture of giving USMLE & going to the US for job. Universities are listed in California Board of Medicine for licensing.||Students can pursue further studies over respective countries and colleges as well. Even they can come back India for higher studies through FMCG exams.|
|Superior Quality Education||Teachers are all fluent in English. Some Teachers are US educated and can offer guidance and advise on overseas careers.||Most teachers are from India & respective countries only.|
|Tropical Country||Philippines a tropical country. Diseases common to India are found in Philippines Ease of Living as similar temperature to India||Both countries have similar decease pattern as like India|
|Many Patients||During hospital work medical students get exposure to many patients in Philippines.||Colleges and Hospitals are limited in these countries.|
|Low Fees||Apart from BS admission actual MBBS/MD course is just 4 years and unusually it will cost less.||Course duration is 5.5 years both countries so cost is little higher side than Philippines but not more than private or deemed medical colleges|
The Philippines has total 7500 islands, numerous beaches, caves, rocks and much more that gives tremendous surrounding to study MBBS in Philippines. A soothing and very clean atmosphere is the strong point of the Philippines, which attract student not only for study MBBS in Philippines, but also, experience the place and the culture of the Philippines.
If we compare our Indian currency to the Philippines currency, you won’t find any vast difference Like 1.41 Indian Rupee = 1 Philippine Pesos. The almost same currency rate offers low cost residential and food facilities, in contrast to other countries. If money is concerned for Indian student, then they no need to worry as they can get everything within the budget in the Philippines.
Looking for MBBS Admission in Philippines? Contact Us!