The AMA School of Medicine Philippines has campus – in Makati (heart of Manila). Philippines are located in Southeast Asia. It comprise of over 7000 islands. Nearby countries are Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Indonesia & Singapore. Philippines is the world’s 12th most populous country with a population of 100 million. Philippines is the 3rd largest English Speaking country in the World. 95% of the population speaks English which is the official language. 20,000+ foreign students go there each year for education in Engineering, Medical, Dental, Nursing, Management, English, etc.
The AMA School of Medicine Philippines has campus – in Makati (heart of Manila). The School of Medicine is operational since 2008 when it was given permission by CHED to offer the Medical program. Both MD and Nursing programs are offered in the Makati campus. The building in Makati is ten floors.
• Name of School: AMA School of Medicine (MAKATI Campus)
• Address: 5486 South Super High Way, Cor, General Tinio St, Bangkal, MAKATI, PHILLIPINES
• Duration of Course: 5.5 Years (BS 1.5 years + MD 4 years)
• Session Begins: Sep – Jan for 1st Year International Students
• Language of Instruction: English though Philippine official language of Philippines
• Recognized By: CHED, WHO, MCI & also in more than 180 countries
• Distance from Airport: 6 Kms from Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila
• Distance from Embassy of India: 2.40 Kms from Embassy of India in Makati
|Comparison between AMA & Other Universities of Philippines|
|AMA School of Medical||Other Universities|
|1||AMA offers BS degree for Pre Medical||Many offer BA degree|
|2||Only college where you can do BS in 1.5 year||Other Universities don’t offer altogether with MBBS courses|
|3||BS + MD complete duration is 6 years||BS + MD duration is 5.5 – 6 years|
|4||Only AMA offers internship as part of BS syllabus||No internship, only theory|
|5||Only AMA guarantees you a seat in MD (MBBS) after successful completion of BS||No guarantee in seat in MD/MBBS after BS|
|6||Only AMA mentions of admission in MD after BS in its admission letter||Admission letter only mention BS|
|7||Appearance in NMAT is necessary for admission to MD||40% is necessary in NMAT for admission to MD if students get below they will be refused|
|8||Nominal scholarships are provided to 30% of class so as to create an atmosphere of learning||No Scholarship|
|9||Hospital visits starts from 1st year of MD||Hospital visits in last year only|
|10||Indian food is available as there are as many as 700+ students from India alone||Many Indian food is not available|
|11||In campus accommodation available for Indian and foreign students||Most campus doesn’t have accommodation facility inside campus.|
AMASOM is listed in the World Health Organization (WHO) which is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). With this recognition by MCI, AMASOM’s Medicine program is considered equivalent to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree similarly offered in the UK, Australia, India and other Commonwealth countries. After their MD graduation from AMASOM, Indian students will be given a license to practice in India similar to the MBBS doctors from India after completion of licensing formalities with the MCI.
Foreign & Indian Students:
• AMA School of Medicine Philippines has a specialized program for international students who wish to take the combined Bachelor’s degree and Medicine degree programs.
• Upon completion of the pre-med program, the students enter the Medicine program provided they pass
• National Medical Admission Test (NMAT).Majority of international students currently taking the special program is from India. In Medicine proper, there are also students from Nepal and Pakistan.
AMA School of Medicine Courses:
MD / MBBS:
The MD degree at AMASOM is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) as equivalent to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree similarly offered in the UK, Australia, India and other Commonwealth countries. After their MD graduation from ASM, Indian students will be given a license to practice in India similar to the MBBS doctors from India after completion of licensing formalities with the MCI.
AMA School of Medicine Philippines Entrance Test:
AMA School of Medicine Philippines has a specialized program for international students who wish to take the combined Bachelor’s degree and Medicine degree programs. The BS Psychology pre-med program is a one-year program where the K-12 subjects of Indian students, such as Biology, Physics and Chemistry, are automatically credited. Upon completion of the pre-med program, the students enter the Medicine program provided they pass the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) and comply with the requirements for eligibility from the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
Admission Requirements & Procedure
General Qualification for Local and Foreign Students
• Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Science or the Arts
• Eligibility for National Medical Admission Test (NMAT)
• Application and Processing Fees
• Transcript of Records (Bachelor’s degree)
• Diploma or Certificate of Graduation
• Certificate of Eligibility from the Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
Additional Requirements for Foreign Students:
• Copy of passport
• Copy of tourist visa for conversion to student visa, or copy of student visa (if available)
• Copy of Bureau of Quarantine stamp in passport
• Admission Procedure for Local and Foreign Students
• Fill out the Application for Admission Form at the AMASOM Office
• Interview with the AMASOM Dean and/or College Secretary
• Submission of admission requirements as enumerated above
• Assessment of fees by accounting section (Fees are different for foreign students)
• Payment of fees to cashier
AMASOM aims to produce competent medical practitioners who are educated on an innovative case-based curriculum that will develop students to become self-directed and lifelong learners – qualities that will prepare them for professional practice.
Looking for MBBS Admission in Philippines ? Contact Us!