BAMS is an acronym of Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. BAMS Course is an Ayurveda Course that provides basic education in the integrated system of Traditional Ayurveda and Modern Medicine. BAMS degree is awarded for students after successful completion of undergraduate Ayurveda Course. Ayurvedacharya recognition is given to the recipient of a BAMS degree. This degree covers the study of anatomy, physiology, history of Ayurvedic system, toxicology and pharmacology, surgery, skin, ENT, obstetrics and gynecology.
BAMS Course Duration
The undergraduate BAMS Course duration is 4 ½ years followed by one year internship.
BAMS Course Eligibility Criteria
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing BAMS Course (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery) is qualifying 10+2 / 12th or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and preferably Sanskrit with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Ayurveda Aspirants must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of BAMS admission.
- To secure a BAMS Seat in top BAMS Colleges, aspirants must qualify in BAMS entrance exam with requisite marks.
BAMS Admission Procedure
Aspirants seeking BAMS admission in Karnataka must qualify in Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) to be eligible for BAMS counselling. Candidates qualified in entrance exam for BAMS will be called for the BAMS seat selection round according to the merit list. However some deemed BAMS Colleges accept direct applications for BAMS admission.
Career after BAMS Course
There are many career opportunities available for BAMS graduates. The career opportunity after the successful completion of BAMS course is not only in India but also in foreign countries. Many organizations working in the drug manufacturing and research field in abroad are in need of BAMS graduates. The Scope of Ayurveda is huge. The areas available for BAMS degree holders to build a career successfully are:
- Clinical practice
- Drug manufacturing
- Management and administration
The different employment areas for BAMS degree holders are as the following:
- Product manager
- Medical representative
A degree in BAMS Course is one of the few career options which gives huge satisfaction of curing patients from sicknesses and is highly lucrative.
Top 10 Ayurvedic Colleges in Karnataka offering BAMS Course
Following is the list of top Ayurvedic colleges in Karnataka for aspirants seeking admission to BAMS course in Karnataka.
- Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine and Research, Bangalore
- SDM College of Ayurveda, Hassan
- N Rao Memorial Ayurvedic College, Chikamagalur
- KVG Ayurvedic medical College, Sullia
- Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College, Bangalore
- Amrutha Ayurvedic Medical College, Chitradurga
- AV Samiti’s Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Bijapur
- Sri Sri Ayurvedic College, Bangalore
- Ayurvedic College, Mysore
- Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College, Moodbidri
Looking for Direct BAMS Admission @ Top Ayurveda Colleges in Karnataka? Contact Us!