Dental Courses and Colleges in Karnataka
Dentistry or Dental Course is a traditional medical study program that has gained remarkable importance and popularity considering the number of dental hospitals & clinics, and students pursuing these. There are many dental colleges in Karnataka offering dental courses. These courses are open to all those candidates who have completed their senior secondary education. Study courses in dentistry lead to bachelors (Bachelor in Dental Surgery) and masters (Master in Dental Surgery) degrees. Dental course deals with the study, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of disorders, diseases and conditions of the soft and hard tissues of the mouth. Dental surgeons provide medical, surgical and other forms of treatment for oral and dental diseases and disorders. Dentists use different techniques and procedures while treating patients, which include scaling, filling and crowing of teeth, treating gum diseases, extracting teeth, fitting artificial replacements, etc.
Bachelor in Dental Surgery (B.D.S.) – 5 Years
Master in Dental Surgery (M.D.S.) – 3 years
Eligibility criteria for B.D.S.
- The candidate must have obtained minimum aggregate marks of 50% (40% in case of SC/ST) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the qualifying examination with English as a compulsory language of study.
- The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the BDS course.
Eligibility criteria for M.D.S.
- M.D.S. can be pursued by those who have completed their Bachelor’ degree in Dental Surgery (B.D.S) approved by Dental Council of India.
Course Fees: For admission to dental courses and dental colleges in Karnataka, contact us.
Further Study Opportunities: After completing B.D.S., a candidate can take up post-graduate course, M.D.S. After completing master’s degree, a candidate can pursue higher studies in fields such as Ph.D., M.Phil., etc.
List of Dental Courses and Colleges in Karnataka
List of Dental Courses in Karnataka
- B.D.S (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) – 5 Years
- M.D.S. (Master of Dental Surgery) – 3 Years
- M.D.S. in Community Dentistry – 3 Years
- M.D.S. in Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics – 3 Years
- M.D.S. in Conservative Dentistry – 3 Years
- M.D.S. in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery – 2 Years
- M.D.S. in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology – 3 Years
- M.D.S. in Oral Medicine and Radiology – 3 Years
- M.D.S. in Oral Medicine – 3 Years
- M.D.S. in Oral Pathology and Microbiology – 3 Years
- M.D.S. in Oral Pathology – 2 Years
- M.D.S. in Oral Surgery – 2 Years
- M.D.S. in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics – 3 Years
- M.D.S. in Orthodontics – 3 Years
- M.D.S. in Pediatric Dentistry – 3 Years
- M.D.S. in Pedodontia & Preventive Dentistry – 2 Years
- M.D.S. in Pedodontics – 2 Years
- M.D.S. in Periodontics & Preventive Dentistry – 2 Years
- M.D.S. in Periodontics – 2 Years
- M.D.S. in Preventive Community Dentistry – 2 Years
- M.D.S. in Prosthodontics – 3 Years
- M.D.S. in Public Health Dentistry – 3 Years
List of Dental Colleges in Karnataka
Here is a list of colleges in Karnataka offering dental courses (B.D.S. /M.D.S.).
- P.M. Nadagouda Memorial Dental College and Hospital
- Sri Hasanamba Dental College and Hospital
- Dr. Syamala Reddy Dental College, Hospital & Research Center
- A.B. Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences
- Al Ameen Dental College & Hospital
- Al-Badar Rural Dental College & Hospital
- JSS Dental College & Hospital
- KLE Vishwanath Katti Institute of Dental Sciences
- Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences & Hospital
- KVG Dental College & Hospital
- M.R.A. Dental College & Hospital
- M.S. Ramaiah Dental College
- Sri Venkateshwara Dental College & Hospital
- Oxford Dental College
- Sri Rajiv Gandhi College of Dental Sciences & Hospital
- Yenepoya Dental College & Hospital
Scope of Dental Courses
Dentistry is a very lucrative profession as there is no lack of people having dental problems. It’s a rapidly changing, expanding profession, creating many job opportunities and challenges. Emergence of various specializations and raising awareness of oral health have enhanced the scope of dentistry.
- One can find employment in government hospitals, medical colleges, railways, defense sectors, public/private sectors, etc.
- Dental surgeons can earn as high as INR 40,000 to INR 50,000depending upon the nature of dental problem the patient is undergoing.
- Government hospitals offer salary of INR 6,000/month and private hospitals offer salary in a range of INR 3,500 to INR 4,000 for fresher.
- A well-established and experienced dentist can earn up to INR 1,00,000/month.
List of Dental Careers
|Dentist||Provides diagnosis and treatment of all conditions of the mouth related to teeth, bones of jaws, soft tissue and gums. A dentist can be a general practitioner or may be specialized in a particular oral health care.||8 to 9 lakhs/year|
|Dental Hygienist||Works under the supervision of a dentist to provide oral health care to patients.||4 to 4.5 lakhs/year|
|Dental Assistant||Works under the supervision of a dentist. The responsibilities include X-ray development, teeth impressions, oral surgery, after-care instructions, patient education, and office duties such as billing, answering phones & maintaining patient records.||2 to 2.5 lakhs/year|
|Dental Technician||A dental technician works closely with a dentist to create full or partial bridges or dentures, veneers, orthodontic splints, crowns and other appliances by using high-tech instruments and equipments.||2 to 2.5 lakhs/year|
Looking for Management Seat @ Private Dental Colleges in Karnataka? Contact Us!