No matter who says what, MBBS in Philippines for Indian students are always best options among Indian Medical students. We will be explaining many factors pertaining to choosing good university to get benefits of MBBS course. Philippines provide internationally recognized degree following US based System of Education. Universities are approved by Medical Council of India (MCI) and World Health Organization (WHO) and offer advanced teaching methods with best facilities with affordable overseas degrees and tuition fees.
Studying medicine abroad is an intriguing idea. Studying MBBS in Philippines for Indian students can shape their future in a progressive way. Medical universities in Philippines are known for their quality medical education and every year these medical universities have been sending thousands of skilled and qualified doctors to work in UK, USA, Canada and other foreign countries.
Medical Education in Philippines:
• The entire duration of MBBS course is 5 and half years for students who have completed class 12 with a background in science.
• The first 16 months will have a complete focus on building the foundation for a strong medical education and is called the Bachelor of Science program.
• From 2nd year onwards the focus will be on core training in medicine and clinical rotation.
•Towards the course end, students will also undergo clinical training.
• Most of the medical universities in Philippines have their own hospitals within their campus in which the medical students will be trained and treat patients under the supervision and guidance of an experienced and currently practicing healthcare professional.
Difference between MBBS India & MD Philippines
• Well it is difference in name. Both are Graduate degree in Medicine. Different name and abbreviations are used in different countries. Both graduate degrees are awarded for physician and doctor.
• In USA it is called MD, as Philippines follows US based system of Education, they also call the degree as MD.
• In India MBBS (Medicine Baccalaureus and Bachelor of Surgery) is done after 10+2 where in Philippines it is done after completion of BS (Bachelor of Science) course as Philippines follows 10+4 education System.
• However, for 10+2 students (like in India) one has to pursue BS program from Philippines before doing four Years MD program. BS program is 10 Months to 18 Months Duration, and varies from one University to the other.
Is it Good Idea do MBBS in Philippines for Indian students:
Yes! If you are a good student who is willing to work hard to become a doctor then you should go for MBBS abroad. Generally, students who miss securing MBBS seats through entrance exams like NEET and are not willing to pay the huge amount of capitation fees prefer to go abroad. For MBBS in Philippines for Indian students, where the total fees is as low as 15 Lakhs, we will recommend only the good students to go to Philippines as studies are of a high level. However, students who are not academically brilliant might face difficulty to cope up.
Here is the following reason why it is good idea to do MBBS from Abroad:
1. Students in Numbers
The number of foreign students in the Philippines is increasing fast. According to the statistics from Bureau of Immigration, international students studying in the country were only 7700 in the year 2011 and that has potential grown to 61,000 in 2014. With Korean students in the top place, Indian students stood in the sixth place in the overall population of the students. Other student population such as students from Nepal, Indonesia, Thai land, Vietnam, Kenya, Taiwan, Myanmar, Japan, Canada, Sudan, Malaysia and others cover up to 24.52%.
2. Limitation on Students Admission:
According to sources, there is no cap on the admissions for some of the universities. “While in a deemed university, there are some 300 seats for MD course, for bachelors course, 10 agents are being appointed by one university by offering them a 30% commission. Therefore the number of students being sent by agents is more than the prescribed number of students and the university officials make the students ineligible for the course by failing them in a subject during the bachelor’s course.
3. Advisory for Students:
A few universities like University of Perpetual and Davao are under the scanner of the Commission of Higher Education Department (CHED), Philippines with increasing malpractices by the agents in India. The Indian Embassy in Philippines also issued an advisory to the students who want to pursue admissions in Philippines. As per the advisory, the students should take admission in a medical college that is approved by the CHED.
4. Direct Payments to College:
As per the advisory issued by the Indian Embassy in Philippines, the students are recommended not to take admission in any institute/university, which is not listed by the embassy. It also states that students should remit their admission and other fees directly to the bank account of the institute/university and not to the agents. Some agents take money and promise to deposit the fees in the University’s account but many agents fail to do so. Due to this, the students face difficulties in their admitted colleges. Then, it is a worrisome task for parents who are forced to follow up with the agents until their money is deposited in the account.
Looking for MBBS Admission in Philippines? Contact Us!