The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) officially released its registration forms on March 7, 2018. JIPMER conducts the entrance exam to offer MBBS seats to distinguishable candidates at JIPMER campuses (Karaikal & Puducherry). The candidates willing to pursue MBBS at JIPMER can register at the earliest through http://www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in/. JIPMER 2018 will be conducted online.
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) is a notable institute for medical education in India. Outlook India has ranked JIPMER as the 6th best institute for MBBS education in India whereas The Week has ranked JIPMER as 5th best medical institute. JIPMER is renowned for offering affordable medical care to the needy patients. It is also an institute reputable for its educational excellence.
JIPMER has a campus that sprawls across 195 acres. An Act of Parliament JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008 declared JIPMER as an ‘’Institution of National Importance’’. It’s advisable for the candidates to read the JIPMER 2018 prospectus carefully before proceeding to JIPMER 2018 online registration. The candidates with cutoff marks or above will be eligible for the seat allocation at JIPMER Puducherry & JIPMER Karaikal. JIPMER is set to allot 200 seats, out of which, 150 seats are allocable at JIPMER Puducherry & 50 are allocable at JIPMER Karaikal.
Candidates will have to fill the JIPMER application form accurately to ensure procedural candidature at JIPMER 2018. The aspirants having pursued 12th standard from science faculty or equivalent at a recognized institute can apply for JIPMER 2018. The aspirants pursuing 12th from any recognized institute can also apply for JIPMER 2018. The candidates shouldn’t leave any column blank.
The aspirants can refer to the following important dates about JIPMER 2018:
|JIPMER 2018 Details||Date|
|JIPMER 2018 online registration commencement date||7th March 2018|
|Last date to submit JIPMER 2018 application forms||13th April 2018|
|JIPMER 2018 Hall Ticket/JIPMER Admit Card availability date||21st May 2018 – 3rd June 2018|
|JIPMER 2018 Exam Date||3rd June 2018 (Sunday)
In case of one shift: 10AM to 12:30PM
In case of 2 shifts:
First Shift – 10AM to 12:30PM
Second Shift: 3PM to 5:30PM
|JIPMER 2018 Result Declaration Date||20th June 2018|
|JIPMER date of First Counseling||27th June 2018 – 29th June 2018|
|Date of 2nd round of counseling for JIPMER||25th July 2018|
|Date of 3rd round of counseling for JIPMER||20th August 2018|
|Date of Final Counseling for JIPMER||28th September 2018|
|Admission formalities for JIPMER||2nd July 2018 (Monday) 8AM for the aspirants willing to join JIPMER Karaikal
3rd July 2018 (Tuesday) 8AM for the aspirants willing to join JIPMER Puducherry
|JIPMER MBBS commencement date||4th July 2018 (Wednesday) 9AM|
|Closure of Admissions for MBBS at JIPMER||30th September 2018 (Saturday) 1PM|
|Entry to the JIPMER MBBS 2018 Exam starts at||8AM on 3rd June 2018|
|Entry to the JIPMER MBBS 2018 Exam closes at||9:15AM on 3rd June 2018|
|(In case of 2nd Shift of JIPMER Exam)
Entry to the JIPMER MBBS 2018 Exam starts at
1PM on 3rd June 2018
|Entry to the JIPMER MBBS 2018 Exam closes at||2:15 PM on 3rd June 2018|
|JIPMER 2018 Cutoff Marks:
JIPMER Application Fees:
|General UR & P-UR||Rs. 1500 + Transactional charges as applicable|
|OBC & P-OBC||Rs. 1500 + Transactional charges as applicable|
|SC/ST & P-SC/ST||Rs. 1200 + Transactional charges as applicable|
|NRI/OCI||Rs. 3000 + Transactional charges as applicable|
|OPH & P-OPH||Exemption|
Modes available for JIPMER Application fee payment:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
JIPMER MBBS Exam Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate appearing for JIPMER 2018 should be an Indian citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India
- The candidate should have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or by 31st December 2018.
- The candidate must have completed 10+2.
- The candidates to appear for 10+2 exam in March/April 2018 are also eligible to apply for JIPMER MBBS entrance exam.
- The candidates appearing for JIPMER exam must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology in English language in the last 2 academic years.
- It’s mandatory for the candidates appearing for JIPMER MBBS Exam to secure 60% marks aggregate in PCB.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/OPH category must secure 50% aggregate in PCB.
- The candidates belonging to OPH general category must also secure 50% aggregate in PCB to appear for the JIPMER MBBS Exam.
JIPMER 2018 Application Correction Details:
- The JIPMER doesn’t offer any chances to rectify/correct the application forms.
- The candidates must take utmost efforts to properly fill the details such as category, name, age & DOB.
- The authoritative committees don’t permit the candidates to make any changes in the JIPMER forms after the submission.
- The candidates willing to make any changes will have to apply anew for the JIPMER exams.
- The people applying anew should pay the JIPMER application fee again.
The JIPMER Exam candidates are requested to read the following details carefully:
- Medium of JIPMER Entrance exam: English
- Mode of JIPMER Entrance Exam: Online
- Total number of questions in JIPMER Exam: 200
- Total number of JIPMER examination centers (Tentative): 120
- Total number of exam center choices for the JIPMER candidates: 3
- Duration of JIPMER: 150 minutes (2 hours 30 minutes)
- Applicability of the shifts at JIPMER Exam: Dependent on the hall ticket
- Maximum JIPMER marks: 800
- The limit of attempts at JIPMER: Nil
- JIPMER Application Method: Online
- Syllabus for JIPMER: The same as that of the syllabus for 11th & 12th standard
- Schemes of mark allotment at JIPMER:
Correct Answer: 4 marks
Incorrect Answer: -1 mark
Unattended Questions: 0 mark
Method of competition reduction at JIPMER 2018:
- Less number of negative marks
- Biology marks
- Chemistry marks
- Physics marks
- English & comprehension marks
- Logical & quantitative marks
- Age seniority
Looking for MBBS Admission at Best Package? Contact Us!