Kathmandu Medical College Nepal (KMC) is affiliated to Kathmandu University and recognized by the Nepal Medical Council (NMC), the Sri Lanka Medical Council and Medical Council of India. Kathmandu Medical College has also been listed in the WHO’s World Directory of Medical Schools. Following full recognition by NMC, KMC is listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
Kathmandu Medical College Courses:
Kathmandu Medical College functions from two complexes – Duwakot Basic Sciences and Sinamangal Clinical Sciences.
The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is a four and a half year integrated program followed by a compulsory internship training of one year. The eligibility criteria followed by Kathmandu Medical College are in strict adherence to the requirements of Nepal Medical Council and Kathmandu University. The first two academic years focus on basic medical science with interdepartmental integration as well as clinical and community correlation.
The MD (Pathology) was started from 2003. The MD/MS course in clinical areas like Medicine, Surgery, Paediatric, Gynaecology/Obstetrics and Anaesthesia was started from February 2009. The duration of PG medical courses is 3 years.
Kathmandu Medical College seat distributions as follows.
Total Seats = 115
Nepal Seats = 69
Foreign Seats = 46
Kathmandu Medical College Admission Process:
MBBS Entrance Exam
• Candidates seeking admission to MBBS in Nepal in one of the best medical colleges i.e. KMC Kathmandu must appear and qualify in Kathmandu University Medical Entrance Test (KUMET) conducted by the Kathmandu University in September.
• Candidates who have completed 17 years of age at the time of their application and who fulfil the following criteria are eligible to apply for the MBBS programme at KMC.
•Completed 12 years of education or Intermediate of Science (I.Sc) or equivalent, with Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English as main subjects and having scored not less than 50% marks in these subjects put together and an overall aggregate of 50%.
• Eligible candidates should apply for the MBBS course should be made during the months of April to August each year.
• Resident Nepali candidates should have passed KUMET entrance exam and should submit the application form along with relevant documents to Kathmandu Medical College (KMC).
• Non Resident Nepali candidates and foreign candidates may forward their application form along with attested copies of their documents & testimonials addressed to the principal of Kathmandu Medical College (KMC). All the candidates may contact KMC for application forms, prospectus or further details.
•Completed Bachelor of Science degree (B.Sc) from a recognized University, with one of the subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and at least one other specified science subject of study up to the ancillary level and having an overall aggregate of 50% marks, provided that such candidates shall have passed 10+2 or an equivalent qualifying examination with the subjects of English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
How to Apply:
• Applications from eligible students for the MBBS programme should be made during the months of April to August each year.
• Resident Nepali students are required to have passed KUMET examination and should submit the application form and relevant documents to Kathmandu Medical College (KMC).
• Non Resident Nepali students and foreign students may forward their application together with attested copies of their testimonials addressed to the principal of Kathmandu Medical College. All the students may contact KMC for application forms, prospectus or further details.
Selections Method of Candidates:
• Students sponsored by Education Ministry Nepal will be enrolled in 10 percent of total available seats.
• Nepali candidates should have taken the Kathmandu University Medical Entrance Test (KUMET). This entrance test is held at Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel.
• The interview for final candidate selection will be conducted at Kathmandu Medical College Nepal.
• Admission will be made based on performance in the KUMET entrance exam followed by an interview. Final result will be declared one week before the starting date
•The selection of Foreign students will be based on eligibility criteria and interviews after passing the Kathmandu University Medical Entrance Test after duly filling the application form.
Postgraduate Medical Admission
Eligibility Criteria – Candidates seeking MD MS Admission in Kathmandu Medical College Nepal must have passed MBBS course from a recognized medical college.
PG Medical Entrance Exam – Candidates seeking PG medical admission in one of the top medical colleges in Nepal i.e. KMC Kathmandu must appear and qualify in Kathmandu University Medical Entrance Test (KUMET PG) conducted by the Kathmandu University.
PG Medical Admission Process – Admission to MD/MS course in Kathmandu Medical College Nepal will be based on the score obtained in the KUMET PG entrance
Looking for MBBS Admission in Nepal? Contact Us!