Kathmandu Medical College Nepal (KMC) is affiliated to Kathmandu University and fully recognized by the Nepal Medical Council (NMC), the Sri Lanka Medical Council and Medical Council of India. Kathmandu Medical College has also been listed in the WHO’s World Directory of Medical Schools. Following full recognition by NMC, KMC is listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
Kathmandu Medical College Courses:
Kathmandu Medical College functions from two complexes – Duwakot Basic Sciences and Sinamangal Clinical Sciences.
The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is a four and a half year integrated program followed by a compulsory internship training of one year. The standards and criteria adopted by KMC are in strict adherence to the requirements of Nepal Medical Council and Kathmandu University. The first two academic years focus on basic medical science with interdepartmental integration as well as clinical and community correlation.
The MD (Pathology) was started from 2003. The MD/MS course in clinical areas like Medicine, Surgery, Paediatric, Gynaecology/Obstetrics and Anaesthesia was started from February 2009. The duration of PG medical courses is 3 years.
Kathmandu Medical College seat distributions as follows.
Total Seats = 115
Nepal Seats = 69
Foreign Seats = 46
Kathmandu Medical College Admission Process:
MBBS Entrance Exam
• Candidates seeking admission to MBBS in Nepal Medical Colleges i.e. KMC Kathmandu must appear and qualify in Kathmandu University Medical Entrance Test (KUMET) MBBS exam conducted by the Kathmandu University in the month of September.
• Candidates who have completed 17 years of age at the time of their application and who fulfil the following criteria are eligible to apply for the MBBS programme at KMC.
• Completed 10+2 years of education or Intermediate of Science (I.Sc) or equivalent, with English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects and having secured not less than 50% marks in the subjects mentioned above put together and an overall aggregate of 50%.
• Completed the Bachelor of Science degree (B.Sc) recognized by the University, with one of the following subjects viz. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and at least one other prescribed science subject of study up to the ancillary level and having scored not less than an overall aggregate of 50% marks, provided that such candidates shall have passed the earlier qualifying examination (10+2 or an equivalent examination) with the subjects of English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
How to Apply:
• Applications from eligible students for the MBBS programme should be made during the months of April to August each year.
• Resident Nepali students are required to have passed KUMET examination and should submit the application form and relevant documents to Kathmandu Medical College (KMC).
• Non Resident Nepali students and foreign students may forward their application together with attested copies of their testimonials addressed to the principal of Kathmandu Medical College. All the students may contact KMC for application forms, prospectus or further details.
Selections Method of Candidates:
• Students sponsored by Ministry of Education Nepal will be enrolled in 10% of total available seats
• Nepali students should have taken the Kathmandu University Medical Entrance Test (KUMET). The entrance tests are held at Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel.
• The interview for final selection will be conducted at Kathmandu Medical College Nepal.
• Admission will be made on the basis of performance in the entrance test followed by an interview. Result will be published one week before the starting date
• Foreign students will be selected on the basis of eligibility criteria and interviews after passing the Kathmandu University Entrance Test for foreign nationals after duly filling the application form.
Postgraduate Medical Admission
Eligibility Criteria – Candidates seeking MD MS Admission in Kathmandu Medical College Nepal must have passed MBBS course from a recognized medical college.
PG Medical Entrance Exam – Candidates seeking PG medical admission in one of the top medical colleges in Nepal i.e. KMC Kathmandu must appear and qualify in Kathmandu University Medical Entrance Test (KUMET PG) conducted by the Kathmandu University.
PG Medical Admission Process – Admission to MD/MS course in Kathmandu Medical College Nepal will be based on the score obtained in the KUMET PG entrance
Looking for MBBS Admission in Nepal? Contact Us!