Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) is a designated body of Government of Karnataka to conduct online/offline KEA counselling for allotment of PG medical seats in Government Medical Colleges in Karnataka and Government and Private quota seats in Private Medical Colleges in Karnataka for the academic year 2019-20.
KEA invites applications from candidates who are qualified in NEET PG 2019 to participate in the KEA counselling conducted for PG medical admission 2019. Only those candidates who complete the online registration process including document verification shall be eligible to participate in the PG medical counselling.
The candidates who are registered but unverified or unregistered will not be allowed for any admission to PG medical seats under State quota either through KEA or by the medical college.
KEA is only responsible to the conduct of centralized KEA counselling for PG medical seats, which includes online registration, document verification, counselling/seat allotment procedure and issue of PG medical admission order as per NEET PG 2019.
Tentative Dates of Counselling
The tentative dates of KEA PG counselling in Karnataka are given in the table below:
|First Round of Counselling (Tentative)|
|Online Registration (1st stage)||2nd week of March 2019|
|Offline Verification of documents (based on Serial number wise Merit list) (1st stage)||3rd week of March 2019|
|Display of Seat Matrix and Fee Structure – for all disciplines||3rd week of March 2019|
|Option Entry by eligible candidates||4th week of March 2019|
|Publication of Mock Allotment Results||1st week of April 2019|
|Provision to change option entry by eligible candidates||2nd week of April 2019|
|Publication of first round allotment Result||3rd week of April 2019|
|Exercise of Choice||3rd week of April 2019|
|Payment of fees, Submission of Original Documents and Collection of Admission Order (Choice-1 Candidates only)||3rd week of April 2019|
|Last Date for Reporting at the Allotted College (Choice -1 Candidates Only)||4th week of April 2019|
|Second Round of Counselling (Tentative)|
|Deposition of original documents||4th week of April 2019|
|Rearrangement of options||4th week of April 2019|
|Publication of Result of 2nd Round||4th week of April 2019|
|Payment of fees and Collection of Allotment Order||1st week of May 2019|
|Last Date for Reporting at the Allotted College against seat allotted in 2ndRound||2nd week of May 2019|
|Mop Up Round of Counselling (Tentative)|
|Online Registration for fresh candidates||1st week of May 2019|
|Last date to pay the registration fees||1st week of May 2019|
|Intimation of Verification schedule||2nd week of May 2019|
|Offline Verification of documents (based on Serial number wise Merit list)||2nd week of May 2019|
|Display of Seat Matrix and Fee Structure – for all disciplines||2nd week of May 2019|
|Offline counseling Medical||2nd week of May 2019|
|Last date of reporting to college (Medical)||3rd week of May 2019|
|Forwarding the list of students in order of merit equaling to ten times the number of vacant seats to the Medical Colleges by the counseling authority||3rd week of May 2019|
|Last Date of joining – Medical||4th week of May 2019|
Registering for KEA counselling shall not entitle a candidate to allotment of PG medical seat under State quota. The candidates must fulfill the following conditions of eligibility during document verification.
- Candidate should have scored more than or equal to the prescribed minimum score in NEET PG 2019.
- Candidate should have completed MBBS course from MCI recognized institute and should have completed or is completing Compulsory Rotating Internship on or before 31 March 2019.
- The age limit for In-service candidate is 48 years as on 31 March 2019. In-service candidate above the age of 48 years may be considered for allotment of PG medical seat subject to specific conditions, only if any seat remains vacant in in-service quota after seat allotment to all other eligible candidates.
- SC/ST/OBC/Linguistic Minority eligibility criteria shall be applicable to only Karnataka candidates. However, if a candidate of Karnataka belonging to OBC category has not claimed OBC in NEET PG 2019 can claim respective category in KEA PGET 2019.
- Non-In-Service candidate, who is already holding a PG degree in any clinical specialization, shall not be eligible for PG medical admission.
- Candidate who has obtained undergraduate medical qualification from medical college outside India should have qualified in Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE Screening Test) and registered with MCI and completed or likely to complete their internship on or before 31 March 2019.
- Foreign candidate should have registered his/her qualification with appropriate registering authority in his/her own country where he/she has obtained his/her basic medical graduate qualification and is duly recognized by the corresponding Medical Council or concerned authority. Further, such candidate should have obtained MCI temporary registration certification for the duration of their PG medical course.
KEA Counselling Process for PG Medical Seat Allotment
Instructions for Online Registration
The link for online registration and submission of application for participation in PG medical counselling for 2019 academic session will be available at KEA website. Applications cannot be submitted in offline mode/printed copy by post.
The step-by-step procedure for submission of online application for KEA counselling for PG medical courses is given below:
- Creation of Candidate profile with a unique login ID and Password
- Candidate information such as candidate name, his/her father’s name, his/her mother’s name, his/her date of birth, his/her NBE score are fetched from NBE data
- Selection of Clause, Category, Reservations, etc.
- Entry of Contact details, Educational qualification details, etc.
- Uploading of Photograph, Left Thumb Impression and Signature
- Online Payment of KEA Counselling fee
- Submission of Declaration
- Print and Submit application form
Procedure for Conduct of Verification
Candidate should attend in person for document verification as per the schedule notified by KEA and no authorized representatives will be entertained under any circumstances. It is mandatory for all registered candidates to get their documents verified and obtain User ID and Secret Key to be eligible for Option Entry.
Venue for Document Verification: Karnataka Examinations Authority, Sampige Road, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bengaluru – 560 012
The document verification process includes the following steps:
Biometric verification: All the candidates registered for KEA Counselling should undergo biometric verification before registering for the document verification process. Candidates who qualify in biometric verification will only be allowed for further process.
Registration of Candidate: Candidate should register his/her name at the entrance of the Registration hall by producing NEET PG 2019 admit card along with the filled KEA Counselling for PG medical courses registration form and copy of the Challan/acknowledgement for having paid the fees.
Verification of Original Documents: Document verification shall be conducted as per the serial number of NEET PG 2019 merit list obtained published on KEA website. If any candidate missed the allotted date and time of verification, he/she shall not be considered for entry of options for seat allotment.
Documents to be produced
The following documents must be produced at the time of document verification process.
- Printed copy of duly filled KEA PGET 2019 registration form and paid challan
- Two Passport size color photographs as uploaded to the NEET PG form
- Photo ID Proof (PAN Card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card/Ration Card)
- NEET PG 2019 admit card and score card issued by NBE
- SSLC or 10th Standard/Equivalent Marks Card (for date of birth)
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard Marks Card
- MBBS marks card issued by Universities of all phases/years
- Migration Certificate from the concerned university if MBBS done from other than RGUHS Bangalore (to be submitted at the respective admitted college)
- Eligibility Certificate by RGUHS for the candidates graduated university other than RGUHS (to be submitted at the respective admitted college)
- Qualifying degree certificate
- Internship completion certificate ( Provisional internship completion certificate will be accepted for candidates completing their internship by 31 March 2019 for first round of counselling)
- Compulsory rural service bond on Rs.100 stamp paper and undertaking for three years service on Rs. 200 stamp paper notarized
- State/Central Medical Council Registration Certificate (Provisional Registration Certificate will be accepted only for document verification for the candidates who have passed MBBS during 2018
- FMGE Pass Certificate and MCI/SMC registration certificate in case of Indian citizens or OCI
- An UNDERTAKING on Rs.20 e-Stamp Paper brought out in the name of the candidate to KEA
- Certificate for claiming reservation under 371 (j) (Hyderabad-Karnataka Region) issued by the competent authority
- Religious Minority Certificate issued by Tahsildar in Karnataka, as applicable
- Linguistic Minority Certificate issued by Tahsildar in Karnataka or Head of the school of 10th standard
Additional Documents to be produced
Roman Catholic Religious Brothers/Priests/Nuns with 2-year rural service in SJMC approved centers.
- Certificate of bona-fide membership in a Religious Congregation/Diocese from Superior General/ Provincial Superior/Bishop
- Certificate of two year rural service issued by Director SJMC
For Candidates with two year rural service in SJMC approved centers
- Certificate of two year rural service issued by Director SJMC
For Roman Catholic Open Merit
- Baptism Certificate from Roman Catholic Church in English language (in English transcript if in any other language)
- Bona-fide Roman Catholic Certificate from Bishop of the Diocese
NRI / NRI ward/ OCI / PIO
- Candidate’s parents resident certificate issued by the Embassy of that country complying with the income tax rules/any other certificates as evidence that he/she is a resident of that country/affidavit on rs.100 e-Stamp Paper to that effect.
- Candidate’s Passport/VISA/Resident VISA
- Citizenship of the candidate
- Income Tax Documents
- Ward Certificate in case of NRI ward
- FMGE Pass Certificate in case of having studied MBBS from outside India
- Candidate study certificate for having studied outside India
E-document may be considered with regard to NRI ward certificate or the purpose of verification subject to submission of the original documents at the time of taking PG medical admission.
- Registration certificate by the Medical Council or concerned authority in his/her own country from where he/she has obtained his/her primary medical graduate qualification
- Temporary registration certificate from MCI within one month of securing PG medical admission
After Document Verification Process, the candidate shall receive the following:
Verification Acknowledgement: Candidate should ensure that all the data printed on the acknowledgment are correct. In case of any wrong entries, the candidate must inform the verification officer immediately.
User ID/PGET No. and Secret Key: Unique Secret Key comprising of alphanumeric characters will be given on the verification acknowledgement. Using this User ID and Secret Key, the candidate must create his/her own password for further processes namely, option entry, viewing of online seat allotment details, payment of fees, downloading of PG medical admission order, etc.
Note: The candidate who has been allotted seat under AIQ and joined the allotted medical college by submission of original certificates can produce the copy of seat allotment letter along with acknowledgement issued by the Principal of the admitted medical college of the original documents deposited at the college during KEA document verification. In lieu of submission of original documents at medical college allotted under AIQ, the candidate should submit a DD of Rs. 10,000 in the name of Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, payable at Bangalore as security amount during KEA document verification process along with an Undertaking in the KEA prescribed form.
Classification of PG Medical Seats in Karnataka
Only NEET PG 2019 qualified candidates who become eligible after document verification shall be allowed to participate in the allotment of PG medical seats as per the eligibility and reservation criteria for the respective types of seat, which is mentioned below:
PG medical seats in Karnataka are classified into four main categories as follows:
- G – Government Seats
- P – Private Seats
- N – NRI Seats
- Q – Others Seats
Click Here for Classification of PG Medical Seats in Karnataka & Eligibility Criteria
Option Entry Process
Candidate can access the link for Option Entry Process on the KEA website. He/she must enter Captcha shown and click Submit button. Next, candidate must enter his/her PGET 2019 number, Testing ID, Secret Key, New Password, Mobile Number, Email ID, Select Secret Hint Question, Enter Hint Answer and then click on Login button to enter the Home Page of the Option entry portal.
Each medical college shall have four different categories of seats during option entry process and each category of seats has a separate fee structure. The candidate should enter the PG medical course/college of his/her choice from among the PG medical seats available that will be displayed at the time of entry of options. The candidate will have the choice to enter the options in the specialization to which he/she is eligible.
Candidate must note that fresh option entry will be only once. In case of any newly added college is available before second round, candidate may add it in the second round of KEA counselling. Candidate shall be allowed to rearrange the options entered during first round of KEA counselling for PG medical seat allotment.
The option entry form contains priority order number, discipline, medical college name, medical college code, PG medial course code and the subject code. The candidate has to give the priority order number from among the list of medical colleges in Karnataka and PG medical courses. The candidate has to enter the option in the order of priority as he/she desires. Since option entry is a one-time process, the candidate should be very cautious while filling options. The candidate must take printout of the options entered for further references.
PG Medical Seat Allotment Process
The KEA counselling for PG medical seat allotment will be conducted in three rounds
- First Round
- Second Round
- Mop-up Round
First Round of Seat Allotment
The First Round seat allotment list will be hosted on the KEA Website. Candidate allotted PG medical seat should login to Option entry portal and exercise any one of the four choices:
Choice 1:Satisfied with the allotted seat and candidate is willing to report to the allotted college, not interested in further allotment of seats in any subsequent round for any discipline
Candidate who exercises Choice 1 should undergo Biometric verification, pay the prescribed fees and submit the original documents, obtain PG medical admission order and report to the allotted college on or before last date as specified in the PG medical admission order. He/she should login to KEA website and update reporting details that he/she has joined the allotted college.
Choice 2: Satisfied with the allotted PG medical seat but wishes to participate in the next round
Candidate who exercises Choice 2 should pay the prescribed fees and submit the original documents after undergoing Biometric verification and wait for allotment in second round. No PG medical admission order will be given to such candidate. If there is a provision for up-gradation, seat will be allotted in second round of KEA counselling and then earlier seat is cancelled automatically. If no PG medical seat is allotted in the second round then seat allotted in earlier round is retained.
Choice 3:Not satisfied with the present allotment and wish to participate in the next round of counseling
For the candidate who exercises Choice 3, the previously allotted seat is forfeited. Such candidate should submit original documents on notified dates before second round of KEA counselling and wait for second round of seat allotment.
Choice 4:Not satisfied with KEA allotted PG medical seat and candidate has got seat elsewhere
Candidate who exercises Choice 4 shall be quitting from KEA counselling and will not to be considered for allotment of PG medical seats in any of the further rounds of KEA counselling.
Second Round of Seat Allotment
The following seats will be included during 2nd round:
- Unfilled seats of first round
- Choice 3 and Choice 4 seats of first round
- Exercised Choice 1 in the First Round but failed to make payment or not joined the allotted medical college
- Cancelled/surrendered seats
- Candidates allotted PG medical seats in the First Round but did not exercise their Choice within the last date
- Freshly added seats if any (All India Quota)
- Consequential Vacancies
Submission of original documents to attend second round of KEA counselling for PG medical seat allotment is mandatory. The date and time for original documents submission will be notified by KEA for Choice 2, Choice 3 and unallotted candidates.
There will be no Choice to exercise in the second round of seat allotment. Candidate who will be allotted PG medical seat in this round of KEA Counselling is required to pay the prescribed fees and should compulsorily report to the allotted medical college on or before the last date mentioned in the PG medical admission order and update the reporting details by logging in to KEA website.
Mop-Up Round of Seat Allotment
If any PG medical seats remain vacant after second round, a mop-up round of KEA counselling will be conducted for all categories of seats. Mop-up round of counselling will be an offline counselling. It is mandatory for the registered candidates to register their interest for participation in the mop-up round and download the admit card. Fresh candidates willing to participate in the mop-up round should register themselves and download the admit card.
The following candidates will be eligible to participate in the mop-up round of KEA counselling:
- Candidate who have not joined the allotted college in the first round or second round of AIQ counselling including counselling for Deemed Universities.
- Candidates who have not been allotted any clinical seat in the first round or second round of State counselling.
- Candidates who have freshly registered for mop-up round of KEA counselling.
The document verification process will be conducted for newly registered candidates as per the schedule notified by KEA.
Candidate has to attend the KEA offline mop-up round counselling with Verification Slip and printed copy of admit card along with all the original documents. He/she should also carry and one set of attested photocopies of orginal documents. The date and time for offline KEA mop-up round will be notified by KEA. Candidate has to be present in person for KEA counselling process for PG medical seats.
Candidate should compulsorily pay the prescribed fees in the form of DD. DD ought to be drawn in favor of “The Executive Director, KEA“ payable at Bangalore. Candidates should bring multiple DDs of different denominations. Online payment/Cheques/Cash shall not be accepted. Candidate shall not be allowed to select PG medical seat without the DDs for the required fees.
After mop-up round of KEA counselling for PG medical seat allotment, KEA shall send the list of registered and verified but unallotted candidates to medical colleges to fill-up vacant PG medical seats if any.
Compulsory Rural Service
All the candidates, except for those who have undergone compulsory rural service after award of MBBS degree, who take PG medical admission in Karnataka and successfully complete PG medical course shall undergo one-year compulsory service in Government hospital in urban area as per Karnataka Compulsory Service Act 2012. The candidates shall be entitles to only temporary registration until completion of such service.
The candidates who take admission in clinical specializations in either Government Medical Colleges or Government quota seats in Private Medical Colleges in Karnataka need to mandatorily serve in Karnataka for a period of 3 years in locations decided by the Government. Such candidates need to furnish a duly notarized bond to this effect at the time of PG medical admission to the college.
Forfeiture of Allotted Seat
In case of forfeiture of allotted seat, the candidate should strictly adhere to the rules and regulations specified by KEA. The Government/Department of Medical Education/KEA holds all the powers to cancel the candidature of candidates who do not comply with the rules and regulations. Click here to read the rules and regulations pertaining to forfeiture of allotted PG medical seat.
Looking for PG Medical Admission in Karnataka? Contact Us!