The Maharashtra State CET Cell has declared the schedule for Maharashtra PG Counselling 2019 for admission to PG medical courses in Maharashtra. Admission to all State Quota PG medical seats (MD/MS/PG Diploma) in Government Medical Colleges in Maharashtra / Unaided Private Medical Colleges in Maharashtra / Minority Medical Colleges in Maharashtra will be based on the merit of NEET PG 2019 through centralized Maharashtra PG Medical Counselling 2019.
For admission to State quota seats of PG medical courses in the State of Maharashtra, the competent authority i.e. The Commissioner, State CET Cell, Mumbai will prepare State Merit List of eligible candidates based on NEET PG 2019 rank/score.
Maharashtra PG Counselling 2019 – Calendar of Events
|Online registration, application form & uploading of Documents||25 Feb 2019 to 5 Mar 2019|
|Publication of list of applicants||6 Mar 2019|
|Physical Document verification at twelve centers||13 Mar 2019 to 20 Mar 2019|
|Publication of Common State Merit list||In due course|
|Online preferences(choices) filling process||In due course|
|Declaration of list of the selected candidates of the first round||Up to 5 Apr 2019|
|Last date of joining of first round||Up to 12 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of list of selected candidate of Second round||Up to 26 Apr 2019|
|Last date of joining to respective colleges for second round||Up to 3 May 2019|
|Declaration of list of selected candidate for MOP UP round||Up to 8 May 2019|
|Last date of Joining to respective colleges for MOP UP round||Up to 12 May 2019|
|Vacant seats to be surrendered to Private colleges||Up to 13 May 2019|
|Last date to filled seats at College level round||Up to 18 May 2019|
|Cut-off date of admission process as per MCI gridline||Up to 18 May 2019|
|Commencement of academic session||2 May 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for Participation in Maharashtra PG Counselling 2019
1. The candidate should be an Indian National
2. The candidate should have passed final MBBS examination from the medical college situated in Maharashtra and completed or completing one-year internship by 31 March 2019 from a recognized medical college. The Medical College should have been affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences or to Deemed university, situated in Maharashtra.
3. The candidate should have obtained registration from either the Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC) or the Medical Council of India (MCI) or Other State Council.
4. The candidates who are domiciled in Maharashtra State and who have obtained MBBS admission under 15% AIQ/AIIMS/Central Govt. Medical Colleges situated outside Maharashtra and who have obtained MBBS degree from a University situated outside Maharashtra are eligible provided they possess following certificates:
• Certificate issued from the Dean of the allotted medical college mentioning that the candidate was admitted to MBBS course under 15% AIQ/AIIMS/ Central Govt. Medical Colleges
• Domicile certificate of Maharashtra State by virtue of residence.
5. The candidate should be medically fit.
6. The candidate should have appeared and qualified in NEET PG 2019 with required percentile i.e 50th percentile for candidates belonging to General category, 40th percentile for Constitutional Reservation category and Constitutional Reservation category with person with disability (PWD) claim, and 45th percentile for candidates belonging to PWD from General Category.
7. The candidate belonging to Reserve category must claim his/her category at the time of registration for Maharashtra PG counselling and possess relevant caste validity certificate.
8. The candidate who have passed PG diploma course will be eligible for admission to PG medical course (MD/MS) in same specialization.
9. The candidate who have completed MBBS course from Government Medical Colleges in Maharashtra / Corporation medical Colleges in Maharashtra should possess Bond Release Certificate.
10. The candidate seeking PG medical admission under In-service quota should obtain No Objection Certificate from their establishment for admission process.
Maharashtra PG Medical Counselling 2019 Registration Process
The online registration for Maharashtra PG medical counselling 2019 was started from 25 Feb 2019 and closed on 5 Mar 2019. The eligible candidates were asked to submit online application along with the following documents and pay an application fee of Rs. 3,000 (non-refundable) to consider their candidature for participation in Maharashtra PG counselling 2019.
• NEET PG 2019 Application form
• NEET PG 2019 Admit Card
• Any Photo ID proof (Passport , Aadhar Card/Driving License, PAN Card)
• NEET PG 2019 Rank Card
• Nationality certificate/Valid Passport/School Leaving Certificate of SSC/HSC indicating Nationality of the candidate as Indian
• MBBS Degree/Passing Certificate
• Internship Completion Certificate/Certificate indicating likely date of completion of Internship from the Head of the Institute
• Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate of MMC/MCI/Other State Council
• Certificate from Head of the Institute showing that the medical college from which the candidate has passed MBBS exam is recognized by MCI
• Medical Fitness Certificate
• Copy of Receipt of Maharashtra PG medical counselling Online Registration Fee Payment
• Caste Certificate, if applicable
• Caste Validity Certificate, if applicable
• Non-Creamy Layer Certificate issued by appropriate authority, if applicable
• AIQ/AIIMS/Central Govt. Institute Selection Letter, if applicable
• Medical Disability Certificate for PWD candidates
• Bond Release Certificate from DMER, Mumbai, , if applicable
• NOC from Directorate of Health Services (for In-service candidates)
• Orphan Certificate from appropriate authority, if applicable
Maharashtra PG Counselling 2019 Process
The steps involved in Maharashtra PG medical counselling 2019 is as follows:
Step 1: Publication of List of Applicants
The competent authority will prepare a list of applicants, based on online application form submitted by the eligible candidates. This list will be published on the official website of State CET Cell as per the specified reservation including In-service and minority status claimed by the candidates. The list of In-service candidates applied for Maharashtra PG counselling 2019 will be forwarded to the respective establishment for eligibility and awarding of incentive marks.
Step 2: Physical Document Verification Process
The Competent Authority will publish the schedule for physical document verification on the official website of State CET cell. As per the schedule, candidate should report to the centre selected during online registration for Maharashtra PG medical counselling 2019 for physical verification of documents. This process is applicable for both General and In-Service candidates.
Step 3: Publication of State Merit List
After physical document verification and after receipt of the additional in-service marks from eligible candidates seeking PG medical admission in medical colleges in Maharashtra under State quota, the competent authority will publish a State Merit List on the official website of State CET cell.
Step 4: Online Preference & Seat Allotment Process
PG medical admission in medical colleges in Maharashtra under State quota through Maharashtra PG counselling 2019 will be done online by way of the Online Preference Form on the official website of State CET Cell. The selection of the candidates will be done based on the preferences given by the candidates. Those candidates who appeared for physical document verification and found to be eligible will be allowed to fill preferences online.
No separate online preferences will be filled by the candidates for Second and subsequent rounds of Maharashtra PG medical counselling 2019. The choices of PG medical courses/specializations and colleges once entered online shall be final and irreversible.
The allocation of PG medical seat will be made centrally based on NEET PG 2019 merit and preferences given by the candidates.
The State CET Cell shall conduct four rounds for selection of candidates for PG medical courses in medical colleges in Maharashtra under State quota through Maharashtra PG counselling 2019. They are First, Second, Mop-Up and Institute Level Rounds depending on the availability of vacant seat.
The candidates who have been allotted PG medical seat in the first round of Maharashtra PG medical counselling 2019 and satisfied with the allotment of PG medical seat should compulsorily submit State Retention Form with the Dean of the medical college. Upon receipt of such Status Retention Form, an acknowledgement in writing shall be issued to the candidates by the officer appointed by the Dean of medical college. It is mandatory to preserve such acknowledgement until the present PG medical admission process is concluded.
If a candidate to whom a PG medical seat has been allotted in the first round and wants a betterment of his/her choice, such a candidate should initially accept the seat allotment and join the medical college by completing necessary formalities.
In case if a candidate is allotted a seat and does not join the college, he/she will not be eligible for further rounds of counselling.
After first round of Maharashtra PG counselling 2019 is concluded, the candidate who has been allotted PG medical seat in the earlier round and joined the PG medical course, and the candidate who have not been allotted any seat, will be eligible for further rounds of Maharashtra PG medical counseling 2019.
After selection in any round of Maharashtra PG counselling 2019, if a candidate fails to join the allotted medical college then he/she will be ineligible for subsequent PG medical admission process.
Looking for Merit-Based Counselling Guidance and Support? Contact Us!