MBBS Admission in Bangladesh, Bangladesh Medical Council was first formed under Bangladesh Medical Council Act. in 1973. Subsequently the Act of 1973 was repealed in 1980. Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council Act was passed by the Parliament on 09-04-1980 to provide for the constitution of Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council. This Council has its office only in Dhaka. The Council is headed by a President who is elected by the members of the Council from amongst themselves.
Foreign Student Admission Guideline & Eligibility Criteria
Government of Bangladesh sets the rules and procedures of admission of foreign students to all public and private medical colleges within its territory. Following are the steps that you need take if you want to get admitted into any Bangladesh Medical College.
If you have the passport of a country having diplomatic relationship with Bangladesh you can apply for MBBS Admission in Bangladesh for course (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) in one of the public or private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
Equivalence of Foreign Degree:
You must have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalency) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Admission in Bangladesh:
• Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/’A’ level) or equivalent examination.
• SSC/’O’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2014.
• O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects
• HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2016.
• A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
• Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 7.00 (Seven).
• Minimum GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 3.00 (Three).
• For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects)/5
• For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA. Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C’. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects)/3.
• Minimum GP in Biology: 3.5
Foreign students, willing to get admitted in any Bangladesh Medical Colleges, are asked to get their mark sheets of 12 year schooling ( O & A level or equivalent) matched (Equivalence) with that of Bangladeshi counterpart. Director General Health Services (DGHS) office at Mohakhali, Dhaka would issue “Equivalence Certificate” for the students. Students have to submit a BDT 2000 bank draft in favour of DGHS and original certificates and mark sheets to DGHS office in order to get it. Along with the Equivalence Certificate they would also get an ID number, which would be required for online application for admission in medical colleges of Bangladesh.
• Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of domicile country.
• Download ‘MBBS admission form’ from the website of Bangladesh Foreign Ministry (www. mofa.gov.bd) and fill it up. You must mention your medical college of choice.
• All certificates must be duly attested by the competent authority, i.e. Education Board, the Foreign Ministry of the respective country and respective Bangladesh Mission abroad/respective foreign Mission based in Dhaka.
• Successful applicants have to produce all academic certificates and mark-sheets/transcripts in original at the time of their admission.
• Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt and filled admission form to Bangladesh Embassy of your country for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or by an agent.
• Having received the permission letter of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and grade equivalency of your certificates, Medical College office would inform you and proceed with your admission.
Top 10 Medical Colleges in Bangladesh:
|Bangladesh Medical College||Dhaka University||House No-35,Road No-14/A, Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1209Phone-8116699, 815843, 9120792-93
|Jahurul Islam Medical College||Dhaka University||Bhagalpur, Bajitpur, KishoregonjTel- 09423-315
|Dhaka National Medical College||Dhaka University||53/1, Jonson Road, DhakaTel-7118272, 7117300, Fax: 88-02-7163852
|Community Based Medical College||Dhaka University||Uinerpar, Post-ChurKhai, MymensinghTel- 091-53594, Ext-100, 101||http://www.cbmcb.org/|
|International Medical College||Dhaka University||Sataish Bazar, Gushulia, Tangi, GazipurTel- 9814713, 9814714, Fax: 880-2-9814550
|Enam Medical College||Dhaka University||9/3, Parbotti Nagar, Thana Road,Savar, DhakaTel: 7710364, 7711560, Mobail- 01716358146
|Central Medical College||Chittagong University||Comilla Tower, Laksham Road, ComillaPhone- 081-71298, Fax-081-71489
|Eastern Medical College||Chittagong University||Race Course, Comilla New Campus, Kabila, Dhaka Chittagong High Way, Comilla
Tel: 081-71307, 01717031411
|B.G.C Trust Medical College||Chittagong University||BGC Biddyangar, Chandanaish, Chittagong
Tel- +88-3033-56189, 56190-93
|Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College||Rajshahi University||Enayetpur, Sirajgonj.
Looking for MBBS Admission in Bangladesh ? Contact Us!