The Nepal Medical council (NMC) is an apex body looking after MBBS Admission in Nepal. The medical colleges in Nepal offer both the undergraduate MBBS Course and postgraduate medical courses (MD/MS). The duration of MBBS in Nepal is four and half years followed by a year of rotating internship which the students can do in their home countries. The duration of MD/MS course is three years.
Medical Universities of Nepal:
Kathmandu University, Tribhuvan University & B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences are the top most university in Nepal for medical educations. Here we are explained overall medical admission process, eligibility, registration and entrance exams details for better understanding of nepal medical education system. Indian Medical graduates who have completed their medical graduation programs in Nepal can craft a remarkable career in India, however, they need to qualify “Foreign Medical Graduates Examination” usually referred as Exit Exam, FMGE exam is also known as the MCI Screening Test.
Here, candidates can check the eligibility criteria for MBBS admission in Nepal
Admission Criteria – To be eligible for selection to the undergraduate medical course, a candidate should have:
• Completed 17 years of age.
• Completed 10+2 years of education or Intermediate of Science or equivalent, with English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects and he/she must have passed in all the subjects mentioned above, securing not less than 50% of marks in the subjects mentioned above put together and also obtain an aggregate of 50% overall.
• Completed B.Sc. degree recognized by the university with one of the following subjects viz. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and at least one other prescribed science subject of study up to the ancillary level and he/she should have scored not less than aggregate of 50% marks; provided that such candidate shall have passed the earlier qualifying examination (10+2 or an equivalent examination) with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
• NEET criteria: Should have qualified the NEET-UG exam
• Passport criteria: Must possess a valid Indian passport
• There is no need to qualify for the IELTS/ TOEFL
• College Leaving Certificate (Character Certificate)
• Migration Certificate of 10+2, I. Sc, A Level or equivalent from the Board or University.
• Equivalency Certificate (For all Qualification done from Outside Nepal).
• Eligibility Certificate issued by the Medical Council of INDIA (for Indian Students only).
Accordingly, public at large is hereby informed that in terms of Section 13(4B) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and Clause 4(2) of the Screening Test Regulation, 2002, an Indian National/Overseas Citizen of India who desires to take admission into MBBS or its equivalent course in a Medical University/Institution outside the country, is required to obtain Eligibility Certificate from the Medical Council of India, New Delhi before leaving the country.
Processing of Application:
Applications received in the e-mail are processed for completeness, adequacy and minimum eligibility requirements based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination. However, receiving of all complete applications would be acknowledged with a return e-mail (kindly use a single email ID for all correspondences with regard to your application submission and its status thereafter).
Applicants who have an acceptable NEET of the present academic year may be considered for provisional admission, depending on merit. Applicants accepted based on NEET may not be required to undertake the Kathmandu University / Govt of Nepal’s entrance exam.
Govt of Nepal would conduct an offline entrance exam in Jul/Aug and admissions would be based on a merit of the entrance exam score, with possibly certain weight age to the XIIth/A Level marks. Applicants are advised to prepare themselves and keep in touch with the Nepal Medical Council for the entrance exam registration form, date and venue of the entrance exam, sample questions and other relevant details.
• Kathmandu university Entrance Test
• Tribhuvan University Entrance Test
• B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Entrance Test
Candidates who are the citizens of India must submit Eligibility Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi for registration of MBBS application forms at Nepal Medical Council for the selection test by interview, failing which, the candidates will be debarred from taking the selection test.
The final approval for admission of international students to the MBBS program at Nepal Medical Council lies with Kathmandu University. Hence, all those international students selected by Nepal Medical Council for MBBS Admission in Nepal shall only have the status of provisional admission after selection interview until approved by granting of University Registration Number by Kathmandu University.
The nature of interview shall be the same for the Nepalese and international students and students shall be selected on merit basis only.
Nomination from Government of Nepal, Ministry of Education for frees ship of 10% of total admission number. Interview by Nepal Medical Council shall not be required for the Government nominated candidates for MBBS Admission in Nepal.
Looking for MBBS Admission in Abroad ? Contact Us!