The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) invites applications from the eligible candidates for National Eligibility Entrance Test – NEET 2017. The NEET exam shall be conducted for admission to MBBS Course / BDS Course in Medical Colleges / Dental Colleges in India run with the approval of Medical Council of India (MCI) /Dental Council of India (DCI). The CBSE shall be conducting NEET 2017 exam in the month of May.
NEET 2017 – Key Facts
- NEET 2017 will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based test).
- A maximum of three attempts is allowed for all the candidates. The candidates who have already appeared in AIPMT/NEET on three occasions are not allowed to take this NEET entrance exam.
- Aadhaar Card Number is mandatory for submission of Online NEET Online Application Form.
- MBBS admission 2017 / BDS admission 2017 within the respective categories shall be based solely on the marks obtained in the NEET exam.
- The conduct of NEET 2017 exam would be videographed.
- NEET 2017 will be conducted in 10 other languages.
- The language of question paper should be exercised while filling in the NEET application form.
- The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of the Directorate General of Health Services would conduct online counselling for MBBS seats / BDS seats under 15% All India Quota in Medical Colleges in India / Dental Colleges in India.
NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
As per the NEET eligibility criteria,
- A candidate must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of MBBS/BDS admission 2017 or will complete the age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year MBBS course / BDS course.
- The upper age limit for NEET 2017 is 25 years as on the date of NEET entrance exam with a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC Category.
- A candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology at the qualifying examination (10+2 / 2nd PUC or equivalent examination).
NEET 2017 Important Dates
NEET entrance exam is scheduled to 7 May 2017. Medical aspirants or Dental aspirants desirous of appearing for NEET 2017 can check the NEET online application and exam dates in the table given below:
|Start Date for Submission of NEET Online Application||31 Jan 2017|
|Last Date for Submission of NEET Application Form||1 Mar 2017|
|Last date for successful final transaction of fee||1 Mar 2017|
|Date of uploading of NEET 2017 Admit Cards on website||15 Apr 2017|
|NEET 2017 Exam Date||7 May 2017|
|Declaration of NEET Result||8 Jun 2017|
NEET Online Application
Eligible candidates seeking admission to undergraduate medical course / dental course can apply for NEET exam through online mode only. Before making NEET online application, candidates must make the following preparations:
- The information desired to be filled in the NEET online application such as Name/Mobile Number /Date of Birth/Address/Identity Number/Aadhaar Number/Aadhaar Enrolment Number/Registration Number Issued by CBSE/Facilitation Number/Ration Card Number/Passport number/E-mail ID/Bank Account Details must be kept ready.
- Scanned images of their latest Photograph (size of 10 Kb to 100 Kb) and Signature (size of 3 Kb to 20 Kb) in JPG format only.
Step-by-Step NEET Online Application Procedure
Step 1: Fill in the NEET 2017 online application form with all the required details and note down the registration number.
Step 2: Upload images of photograph and signature.
Step 3: Make payment of NEET 2017 online application fee as per available options.
Fee Details: For General/OBC – INR 1400 and for SC/ST/PH – INR 750
- Option 1: Credit Card/Debit Card
- Option 2: Net Banking/UPI
- Option 3: E-wallet of Common Services Centre and other service providers
Note: Fee will neither be carried forward to a future examination nor refunded under any circumstances.
Step 4: Take print out of Confirmation page(s) of NEET 2017 online application form and preserve it for future reference along with a copy of proof of NEET application fee deposited.
After this step, the Provisional Registration Number of the candidate will be generated and displayed on the screen. The same will also be sent to the registered E-mail Id and mobile number of the candidate.
After submission of NEET exam online application form, candidates must retain the following documents with them as a reference for future correspondence.
- Printouts of the Confirmation Page of online Application
- Proof of fee paid.
- At least 5 copies of identical passport size Photograph that was scanned and uploaded to the Online Application.
- At least two similar postcard size photos (same as scanned and uploaded on the online application).
- A copy of the system generated Self Declaration in respect of candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J&K who have opted for seats under 15% All India Quota.
NEET Exam Pattern
The NEET exam pattern for MBBS admission 2017 / BDS admission 2017 is as follows:
NEET 2017 Pattern
|Number of Questions||180 Objective Type Questions (Four Options with Single Correct Answer|
|Duration of NEET exam||3 Hours|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology)|
|Answer Sheet||Questions must be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by the CBSE at examination centre only|
|Language of the Question Papers||Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada|
|Medium of Question Paper||English and Hindi Medium – All Examination Centre Cities|
|English, Hindi & Assamese – Examination Centre Cities in Assam|
|English, Hindi & Bengali – Examination Centre Cities in West Bengal|
|English, Hindi & Gujarat – Examination Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|English, Hindi & Marathi – Examination Centre Cities in Maharashtra|
|English, Hindi & Tamil – Examination Centre Cities in Tamil Nadu|
|English, Hindi & Telugu – Examination Centre Cities in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana|
|English, Hindi & Oriya – Examination Centre Cities in Odisha|
|English, Hindi & Kannada – Examination Centre Cities in Karnataka|
The NEET 2017 syllabus for MBBS course / BDS course shall be based on a common syllabus notified by the MCI / DCI.
NEET Exam Centres
All the eligible candidates should select three convenient NEET exam Centers.
NEET 2017 Qualifying Criteria
In order to be eligible for MBBS admission 2017 / BDS admission 2017, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain a minimum of marks at 50th percentile in NEET entrance exam (40th percentile for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category).
Inter-se-merit of candidates for tie breaking
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the NEET exam
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in the NEET 2017
- Candidates with less number of attempted wrong answers in all the subjects in the NEET 2017 exam
- Candidates older in age to be preferred
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will evaluate the Answer Sheets and the NEET 2017 result will be hosted on the official website of CBSE NEET on 8 Jun 2017. The CBSE will prepare the merit list/ wait list as per the directives of DGHS, MCI and DCI. No category wise NEET result sheet will be prepared.
Many medical/dental aspirants aim for top medical colleges in India / top dental colleges in India. Securing MBBS admission 2017 / BDS admission 2017 through NEET 2017 is not that easy. There are no shortcuts to success. The way to success is through hard work, dedication, and determination. If you are aiming for a merit seat then start your preparation today.
Looking for Direct MBBS/BDS Admission in Karnataka? Contact Us!