NEET Examination 2019 is a gateway to pursue MBBS in India or abroad. A medical aspirant seeking MBBS admission in medical colleges in India or abroad should qualify in NEET 2019 exam, which will be conducted on 5 May 2019 across various test centers in India.
With NEET 2019 being a mandatory MBBS entrance exam for MBBS admission India, it is very important for medical aspirants to familiarize with its qualifying criteria.
NEET Examination 2019 Qualifying Criteria
As per the MCI regulations on Graduate Medical Educations, 1997, NEET is eligibility cum entrance exam for MBBS admission in India. It shall be necessary for a medical aspirant to fulfill the following NEET qualifying criteria as specified by MCI.
It shall be necessary for a medical aspirant to obtain:
• Minimum of marks at 50th Percentile.
• In respect of medical aspirants belonging to SC / ST / OBC categories, the min. marks shall be at 40th Percentile.
• In respect of medical aspirants with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the min. marks shall be at 45th Percentile.
The percentile shall be determined based on highest marks secured in the All-India common merit list in NEET examination 2019 for admission to MBBS course.
When sufficient number of medical aspirants belonging to respective categories fails to secure minimum marks for MBBS admission in medical colleges in India, the Central Government in consultation with MCI may, at its discretion, lower the minimum marks required for MBBS admission for medical aspirants belonging to respective categories. The marks lowered by the Central Govt. shall be applicable for current academic year only.
As per the academic year 2018-19, the NEET cutoff score for different categories is as follows:
|Category||NEET Qualifying Criteria||NEET Cutoff Score|
|OBC-PH/ SC-PH/ST-PH||40th percentile||96|
In addition to the above mentioned NEET qualifying criteria, the candidates should have passed:
• In the subjects of Physics (P), Chemistry (C), Biology/Bio-technology (B) and English individually and should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in PCB at the qualifying examination.
• In respect of medical aspirants belonging to SC / ST / OBC categories, the min. marks obtained in PCB taken together in qualifying examination should be 40%.
• In respect of medical aspirants with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the min. marks obtained in PCB taken together in qualifying examination should be 45%.
In case of a medical aspirant who has appeared in the qualifying examination and awaiting for the result, he/she may be provisionally permitted to appear for NEET examination 2019 and in case of selection for MBBS admission, he/she shall not be admitted to MBBS course until he/she fulfils the NEET eligibility criteria.
In case of two or more medical aspirants obtaining equal marks in NEET examination 2019, the inter-se-merit of such medical aspirants will be determined in the following order:
1. Medical aspirants obtaining higher marks in the subject of Biology in NEET exam will be considered first.
2. Next, medical aspirants obtaining higher marks in the subject of Chemistry in NEET exam, followed by
3. Medical aspirants with less number of incorrect attempted answers in all the subjects in NEET exam.
4. Lastly, medical aspirants older in age will be considered.
NEET Examination 2019 Merit List
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will prepare an All India Merit List of successful medical aspirants of NEET examination 2019 based on NEET qualifying criteria provided by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and DGHS.
The merit list of successful medical aspirants of NEET examination 2019 who have opted for 15% All India quota will be prepared by NTA based on NEET 2019 score. This list will be forwarded to the DGHS, MoHFW , GOI for the purpose of MBBS seat allotment through MCC Counselling.
The rank list of successful medical aspirants of NEET examination 2019 who have opted for seats other than 15% AIQ will be prepared by NTA and given to DGHS, MoHFW, GOI to provide to the counselling authorities for allotment of MBBS seats. The central / State counselling authorities will invite applications for MBBS counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank subject to their applicable rules.
The State counselling authorities will draw merit list of the candidates in the respective categories declared by the candidates at the time of applying for MBBS admission/counselling based on State rules.
Looking for Merit-Based Counselling Guidance and Support? Contact Us!