Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 – GATE 2017 is a prestigious All India Entrance Examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and 7 of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 (GATE 2017) primarily tests the technical knowledge ofengineering aspirants in various undergraduate engineering subjects.
An admission to ME / M.Tech / Ph.D. programs with government scholarships / assistantships in engineering colleges / universities is open to those who qualify through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 (GATE 2017)
Many Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) qualified candidates are paid scholarships/assistantship, especially funded by MHRD, Government of India and by other Ministries. As per sources from AICTE, UGC and MHRD, a stipend of INR 12,400 per month shall be given to the GATE 2017 qualifiers by AICTE, Government of India for pursuing M.Tech program and a stipend of INR 25,000/INR 28,000 per month shall be given for pursuing Ph.D. program in relevant branches of Engineering / Science in Colleges / Institutes approved by AICTE.
Apart from M.Tech / ME admissions or Ph.D admissions in IITs/IISc or other engineering colleges of Science/Technology, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 – GATE 2017 is also considered as a qualifying test by the Cabinet Secretariat for recruiting officers for the post of Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (Crypto), Senior Research Officer (S&T) in the Telecommunication Cadre, Cryptographic Cadre and Science & Technology Unit respectively of Cabinet Secretariat.
New in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 – GATE 2017
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 – GATE 2017 shall be organized by Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee).
- GATE examination shall be testing the technical knowledge of engineering aspirants in 23 disciplines of engineering and science subjects. The XE (Engineering Sciences) paper now has a new section on Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (section H). With this the number of sections in the GATE 2017 XE paper has increased to eight (A-H).
- New GATE Test Centers have been added for GATE 2017 as new test centers: Burdwan (IIT Guwahati Zone), Dibrugarh (IIT Guwahati Zone) and Gorakhpur (IIT Kanpur Zone).
- GATE 2017 examination shall be held for international candidates, who are seeking admission to ME / M.Tech / Ph.D. programs in India, in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
- For admission of International candidates, a common admission portal is being developed and International candidates shall be informed about it well in time on Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 (GATE 2017) website.
- No scientific calculators will be allowed for the GATE engineering exam. Instead a virtual scientific calculator will be available for engineering aspirants on the exam interface itself.
- Some Government Organizations in India have expressed their interest to utilize GATE 2017 scores for their recruitment purpose. The Organizations who intend to make use of GATE 2017 scores shall make separate advertisement for this purpose in Newspapers and shall also contact the Organizing Institute of GATE 2017 – IIT Roorkee.
- The candidates have the option to choose three cities from the list of GATE 2017 examination cities as their first, second and third choices. There is no restriction on second choice examination city to be in the same zone as first choice city. The GATE aspirants can choose an entrance examination city anywhere in India.
Highlights of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 (GATE 2017)
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 – GATE 2017 Important Dates
- GATE 2017 exam on 4th & 5th Feb 2017 and 11th & 12th Feb 2017 in two sessions (Forenoon session: 9.00 AM-12.00 Noon; Afternoon session: 2.00 PM-5.00 PM.
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website is 4-Oct-2016.
- Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing is 5-Jan-2017.
- Announcement of Results on Online Application Website is 27-Mar-2017.
Validity of GATE 2017 Score
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 provides with a GATE score to all qualified candidates, which is valid for 3 years.
All engineering aspirants seeking ME / M.Tech admission or Ph.D. admission in IIMs / IISc or other top engineering colleges in India are advised to apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 and do not wait till last minute. All the Best!
Looking for Direct B.E. / B.Tech. Admission @ Top Engineering Colleges in Bangalore? Contact Us!