This blog will give details of Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences admission process like medical college admissions, admission fees and total number of medical seats.
Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences
Raichur Medical College (RIMS Raichur) is one of the top government medical colleges in Karnataka. This government medical college, established in the year 2007 in Raichur, is an autonomous institution of Government of Karnataka. This medical college aims to provide excellent medical educational experience in all the disciplines of Medicine.
Raichur Medical College is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. This government medical college is recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences Courses Offered
Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences Raichur is one of the most sought-after government medical colleges in Karnataka offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses for medical aspirants.
The under-graduate course offered at RIMS Raichur is MBBS.
The post graduate courses offered at Raichur Medical College is MD:
MD (Doctor of Medicine): Pharmacology, Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Physiology.
The complete Raichur Medical College admission process for undergraduate and postgraduate courses is mentioned below.
MBBS Admission Process
RIMS Raichur Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Admission
- For admission to MBBS Course at Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, affiliated to RGUHS Bangalore, candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- The candidate must have obtained at least 50% marks in the PCB group (40% in the case of SC / ST candidates).
- The candidate must have passed in English as a compulsory subject.
- The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years on or before on or before 31st December of the year MBBS admission.
Raichur Medical College MBBS Entrance Exam
- Candidates seeking MBBS admission at Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences must qualify in NEET UG (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test).
- Qualified candidates shall be called for MBBS admission counselling in the order of merit.
- Based on the availability of seats, candidates will be allotted MBBS seat.
PG Medical Admission Process
RIMS Raichur Eligibility Criteria for MD Admission
- For admission to MD Course at Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, affiliated to RGUHS Bangalore, candidate must have obtained MBBS degree from MCI recognized institution.
- Candidates seeking admission at one of the reputed private medical colleges in Karnataka, Raichur Medical College, must have completed one year compulsory rotating internship after passing the final professional examination.
Raichur Medical College PG Medical Entrance Exam
- Candidates seeking MD admission at RIMS Raichur must qualify in NEET PG.
- Qualified candidates shall be called for MD admission counselling in the order of merit.
- Based on the availability of medical seats, candidates will be allotted a MD seat.
Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam Coaching
To secure a merit seat at RIMS Raichur, one needs to qualify in the competitive medical entrance exam – NEET. Expert guidance is very essential to stay in the right mode of medical entrance exam preparation. Hence, exam coaching is the wise decision to make as it helps aspirants seeking medical admission to crack the entrance exam in the best possible way for MBBS/MD admission at Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences.
Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences Seat Matrix
RIMS Raichur Seat Matrix – MBBS Course
The total number of MBBS seats at Raichur Medical College is 100.
Raichur Medical College Seat Matrix – Postgraduate Course
The total number of MD seats at RIMS Raichur is 10.
Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences Fee Structure
For RIMS Raichur MBBS fee structure and PG Medical fee structure, please click here.
Raichur Medical College Management Details
Dean cum Director: Dr. Kavita Patil
- Dr. Vijay Krishna
- Dr. Sreekantha
- Dr. Ramesh B.H
- Dr. Basavaraj V. Peerapur
- Dr. S. D Mandolkar
Raichur Medical College Facilities
The various facilities available for medical students at RIMS Raichur include Laboratories, Library, Museums, Examination Hall, Auditorium, Lecture Halls, Gymnasium, Transport, etc.
Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences Address
Hyderabad Road, Raichur – 584102
Looking for Management Seat @ Top Medical Colleges in Karnataka? Contact Us!