Specializations after BDS means that a student after the completion of BDS course. Students can choose one of the various specializations to pursue. Some are as under. These specializations can be done in Post graduation program MDS.
- Community Dentistry: This is the art as well as science of the avoidance and control of dental diseases. In addition to the promotion of dental health by way of organized community effects.
- Operative Dentistry and Endodontic’s: The first field deals with the defects of teeth such as hypoplasia, attrition and erosion etc. Endodontics is concerned with the diseases and injuries that might happen to the gum, pulp or the nerves of the tooth. The treatment for this problem is done by way of Root Canal Therapy (RCT).
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: This field is concerned with the extraction of the teeth, surgery of the oral structures, deformities, injuries of the jaws, teeth and other structures.
- Oral Medicine: This field is concerned with the medicines that are used in the practice of dentistry.
- Oral Pathology: This field is about the pathology of the mouth. It analyzes samples of the oral tissue, salivary secretions and others to identify the causes of oral diseases.
- Orthodontics: This is a specialized branch of dentistry that deals with the correction of malocclusion and by treatment restore the former beauty of the teeth with the use of appliances that can be fixed or removed.
Some More Specializations after BDS
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry: This branch is concerned with the dental problems that affect children. This involves of the preventive procedures as well as other methods by which these diseases can be intercepted, controlled and prevented.
- Periodontics: This branch of dentistry deals with the diseases of the helping structures of the teeth, e.g. bones, gums, etc.
- Prosthodontics: This is a field of dentistry that is concerned with the diagnosis, planning of treatment and the manufacture of artificial parts to restore missing teeth and pertinent structures.
Other Certification Courses Specializations after BDS
These are some of the certification programs one can do after completion of BDS course.
Short Term Courses Specializations after BDS Graduates
- Certificate Course for BDS Graduates in Aesthetic Dentistry
- Certificate Course for BDS Graduates in Cast partial dentures
- Certificate Course for BDS Graduates in Chair side relining and immediate dentures
- Certificate Course for BDS Graduates in Complete Dentures and it’s troubleshooting
- Certificate Course for BDS Graduates in Dental Hygienist
- Certificate Course for BDS Graduates in Dental Mechanic
- Certificate Course in Endodontics
- Certificate Course in Fixed Prosthodontics
- Certificate Course in Orthodontics for General Practitioner’s
- Comprehensive combined Three months course in Endodontics, fixed Prosthodontics and Aesthetic Dentistry
- Comprehensive one month course in Dental Implantology (Hands on only)
- Comprehensive three months course in Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry
To know more about the Specializations after BDS please visit dental colleges in Karnataka.