Philippines were a colony of USA for 50 years. During this time, Philippines Medical College have gained immense infrastructure and facilities to conduct programs in medical field. Further, the education is of high standards and is attested by the fact that Philippines are the HIGHEST Exporter of Nurses and Doctors to the USA and many other western countries. It is this history that now continues to make Philippines a unique place to study medicine.
Philippines are now becoming a centre for higher Education in the region for aspiring students from all round the world. As all the courses are thought in English, students have the opportunity to earn credits that are recognized worldwide while continuing studies in any of the 100’s of courses from dozens of subject areas. Philippines are also cheaper in terms of tuition fee when compared to many western countries.
1. World-wide Reorganization – All universities are listed among the top medical universities in the world. All programs and courses are recognized world-wide. Quality medical education here is recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), IMED of ECFMG-USA, MCI, FAIMER, USMLE and similar other bodies.
2. Age of University – Most of the university in Philippines are almost 100 years old. These type of universities have well established hospitals, great faculty, multiple affiliation of other great universities, great exchange programs. Philippines are the only country which have oldest medical colleges among top few abroad countries.
3. Status of Colleges – Students are advised to check before taking admission that the curriculum and standards of the educational institution in Philippines meet with the requirements of Medical Council of India to enable their registration upon completion of their studies. Only CHED list of higher education institutions (HEIS) offering medicine program.
4. Innovative Curriculum – Innovative curriculum are designed only to provide high quality education. Students always have a choice to proceed with their desired future steps after program completion.
5. Hands on Experience – All colleges, universities, programs and courses are recognized world-wide. Students gain practical knowledge with huge number of lab exercises.
6. Accommodation and Hostel Facilities – The top universities in the Philippines provide leading facilitation for international students. You get sophisticated rooms in College Hostels. They provide all modern facilities like swimming pool, well-equipped gym and more others. They provide ample recreational opportunities and exceptional sports facilities. Tennis courts, basketball, soccer, volleyball, squash and others are available. These experiences made medicine study in Philippines Medical college for international students awesome. International students can get accommodation within the campus area of government medical colleges. The private medical schools in the Philippines have independent hostel buildings. The students may rent an apartment when universities don’t have hostel facilities. The students may check this on the website of Indian Embassy.
7. Unauthorized Admission Agents – Embassy’s attention has been drawn to the activities of unscrupulous agents enticing Indian students for seeking admission in medical and other courses in Philippines. In this regard, given below is the list of medical colleges approved by the Commission of Higher Education of Philippines. Prospective students are strongly advised not to get admission in any institution outside this list.
8. Exclusive University Point of Contact – Students are strongly advised to remit their admission and tuition fees, hostel and boarding dues directly to the bank account of the university they are seeking admission in and not hand over any money to the agent as it has been reported that many agents are defrauding the students by not depositing it in the university’s account.
9. Well Research – A basic step before moving to a different country is to surf the internet for information and resources. If you know someone who has studied at the place where you are going then it is the best way to extract a variety of information. You can contact university personnel for the information regarding your stay and study pattern. It is always better to be well informed about the weather of the country you are visiting it will benefit you in your bag packing. You should have information about the currency exchange rate and carry enough amount of money with you until you find an ATM or open bank account.
10. International Calling – Living far away from your country and people will make you call frequently to India. In that case, you may ask whether my current phone will work in a foreign country and the most probable answer is yes. However, you will have to change your sim card and will have to buy a new one. After that, you can activate an international pack for calling to India and in very cheap rates you can call back home.
Looking for MBBS Admission in Philippines? Contact Us!