Tribhuvan University (TU), the best University in Nepal, was established in the year 1959. It is the first national institution of higher education in Nepal. It is a non-profit making autonomous institution funded by the Government of Nepal. In the year 2013, the government of Nepal declared Tribhuvan University as the Central University. Since Tribhuvan University is financed by the Govt. of Nepal, it is less expensive than other private universities in Nepal. The University is located at Kirtipur, spread over an area of 154.77 hectares.
Since its inception, Tribhuvan University has expanded its courses in different disciplines. There are five technical institutes and four general faculties. The University offers a wide range of courses at Bachelor and Master Levels.
TRIBHUVAN UNIVERSITY INSTITUTES
- Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science (Est. in 1957)
- Institute of Engineering (Est. in 1930)
- Institute of Forestry (Est. in 1947)
- Institute of Medicine (Est. in 1972)
- Institute of Science and Technology
- Faculty of Education (Est. in 1956)
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Law (Est. in 1959 AD)
- Faculty of Management
Tribhuvan University Nepal, one of the top Universities in Nepal, conducted its programmers only through its constituent campuses prior to 1980. As the number of students willing to pursue higher education was increasing gradually, it was not possible for the TU to accommodate all the students in the campuses. Consequently, a number of colleges were established in the private sector. From 1979-1980, TU started providing affiliation to private colleges for conducting various courses.
TRIBHUVAN UNIVERSITY CONSTITUENT CAMPUSES
TRIBHUVAN UNIVERSITY AFFILIATED CAMPUSES
TRIBHUVAN UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF MEDICINE NEPAL
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) was established under Tribhuvan University with an aim of training all the categories of health workforce needed in the country. Over a period, this medical college in Nepal has developed 12 campuses scattered over the country out of which three campuses were in Kathmandu and nine campuses were outside the Kathmandu Valley.
|Institute of Medicine (IOM)||1972||Maharajgunj, Kathmandu|
TRIBHUVAN UNIVERSITY AFFILIATED MEDICAL COLLEGES
The list of medical colleges in Nepal affiliated with TU Institute of Medicine is mentioned below:
- National Medical College
- Universal College of Medical Sciences Nepal
- Janaki Medical College Nepal
- KIST Medical College Nepal
- Chitwan Medical College Nepal
- Gandaki Medical College Nepal
TRIBHUVAN UNIVERSITY IOM NEPAL – MEDICAL ADMISSION PROCESS
Undergraduate Medical Admission Process
The candidates seeking admission to MBBS in Nepal medical colleges that are affiliated with Tribhuvan University must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks (in aggregate) of the grand total with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects. The candidates must have secured not less than 50% of marks in theory and practicals in each of the PCB subjects to secure MBBS admission in Nepal Medical Colleges affiliated with TU.
MBBS Entrance Exam
Candidates seeking MBBS admission in Nepal medical colleges affiliated with Tribhuvan University Institute of Medicine Nepal (IOM Nepal) must pass in the common MBBS entrance exam i.e. IOM exam conducted by Institute of Medicine Nepal with 50% marks. The IOM exam will be common for both Nepalese and Foreign candidates. This MBBS entrance exam for MBBS admission in Nepal Medical Colleges affiliated with TU shall comprise of multiple-choice questions for 100 marks. It will be conducted in the month of September (tentatively).
MBBS Admission Process
- Successful candidates who have passed in the TU IOM MBBS entrance exam will be selected according to the merit list.
- The selected Indian Candidate will have to submit the original and one copy of each certificate mentioned below at the time of admission to MBBS in Nepal medical colleges that are affiliated with TU IOM Nepal.
- Certificate and Transcript of SLC or equivalent exam
- Character Certificate
- Citizenship Certificate or Passport of the Indian Candidate
- Migration and Equivalence Certificate if Indian Candidate has passed from any other University beside Tribhuvan University Nepal.
- The list of passed applicants in the TU IOM Exam will be sent to the affiliated medical colleges of Institute of Medicine (IOM Nepal).
- The affiliated colleges will have to admit Indian Candidates from the list on merit basis.
Postgraduate Medical Admission Process
Indian candidates seeking PG medical admission in medical colleges in Nepal that are affiliated with TU must meet the following criteria.
- A candidate must possess MBBS degree from any medical colleges in Nepal / India which are recognized by TU, and must have completed one year of internship
- A candidate must be registered with Medical Council of India/ Nepal Medical Council
PG Entrance Exam
Indian candidates seeking MD MS admission in top medical colleges in Nepal that are affiliated with TU IOM Nepal must appear for Tribhuvan University IOM exam for PG medical courses.
PG Medical Admission Process
Admission of candidates for various PG medical courses in medical colleges affiliated to Tribhuvan University Institute of Medicine (TU IOM Nepal) will be done based on merit as per the result of PG entrance exam.
TRIBHUVAN UNIVERSITY NEPAL ADMINISTRATION
One of the top universities in Nepal, Tribhuvan University Nepal is administered by qualified staff. The details of which are mentioned in the table below:
|Chancellor, TU||Sher Bahadur Deuba|
|Vice-Chancellor, TU||Prof. Tirth Raj Khaniya, Ph. D.|
|Pro-Chancellor||Gopal Man Shrestha|
|Chairman||Mr. Chaitanya Prasad Sharma|
|Rector, TU||Prof. Sudha Tripathi, Ph.D.|
|Registrar, TU||Mr. Dilli Ram Upreti|
Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Nepal often choose medical colleges in Nepal under Tribhuvan University (TU) because of their quality education and good infrastructure. MBBS colleges in Nepal that are affiliated with TU have become the most sought after options for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad.
Today, TU Nepal is among the top universities in Nepal that aims at moving ahead on the path of achieving academic excellence and supplying capable workforce to meet the growing challenges of the time.
Looking for Direct MBBS Admission in Nepal at Best Package? Contact Us!