Dr. Ida Sophia Scudder established Christian Medical College Vellore – CMC Vellore in the year 1900 to bring high-quality health care to the needy. The aim of CMC Vellore is to develop, through quality medical education and clinical training, excellent, compassionate and dedicated medical professionals in health care field.
Affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, CMC Vellore is ranked amongst the top medical colleges in India and offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and higher specialty medical courses.
CMC VELLORE COURSES OFFERED
CMC Vellore, affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, offers medical courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The various medical courses offered at Christian Medical College Vellore are:
|UNDERGRADUATE MEDICAL COURSE|
|POSTGRADUATE MEDICAL COURSES|
MD (Doctor of Medicine)
|Anaesthesia, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, General Medicine, Microbiology, Nuclear Medicine, Paediatrics, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, Respiratory Medicine, Transfusion Medicine|
|MS (Master of Surgery)||ENT, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics|
|Anaesthesia, Child Health, Clinical Pathology, Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, Medical Radiodiagnosis, Medical Radiotherapy, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otorhinolaryngology, Psychological Medicine|
CMC VELLORE ADMISSION PROCESS
UNDERGRADUATE MEDICAL COURSE
Eligibility for MBBS Course
The candidates seeking admission to MBBS course in CMC Vellore must fulfill the below mentioned criteria to be eligible to participate in the selection process conducted by CMC Vellore for MBBS admission:
- The candidates seeking MBBS admission in CMC Vellore must have obtained 60% marks in PUC 2 / 10+2 examination in each of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, and have an aggregate of 140/200 in these subjects both at the qualifying examination.
- The candidates must have passed in English.
MBBS Entrance Exam
Admissions to MBBS course in Christian Medical College Vellore will be based on the score obtained in NEET UG entrance exam (National Eligibility Entrance Test). The candidates must qualify in NEET exam to be eligible to participate in the MBBS selection process of CMC Vellore.
NEET UG is an All India level undergraduate medical entrance exam conducted by CBSE for MBBS admission in medical colleges in India.
MBBS Admission Process
The detailed CMC Vellore admission procedure for MBBS admission in CMC Vellore is mentioned below:
- CMC Vellore shall invite application forms from NEET UG qualified candidates seeking MBBS admission.
- The eligible candidate seeking admission to MBBS course must apply for CMC Vellore with NEET UG score.
- The candidates shall be shortlisted based on NEET UG score.
- All NEET UG qualified shortlisted candidates will have to undergo an objective assessment of their general ability for which purpose a Computer Based Test, Step 1 – Aptitude assessment test will be conducted. This test shall consist of multiple-choice questions in General Ability, with emphasis on Speed and Accuracy, and a few questions on issues of current topical interest.
- Next, the candidates will be shortlisted for Step 2 based on their performance in Step 1.
- Step 2 consists of special tests to assess the candidate’s character and suitability, and interviews.
- MBBS admission shall be based on inter-se merit.
- All selected candidates must report at the college to register for the MBBS course.
POSTGRADUATE MEDICAL COURSE
Eligibility for MD/MS/Diploma Course
The candidates seeking PG medical admission/PG diploma admission in CMC Vellore, affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, must fulfill the below mentioned criteria to be eligible to participate in the selection process of CMC Vellore:
- The candidates must have MBBS degree from a recognized medical college/institute.
- The candidates must have completed a compulsory rotating residential internship and have full registration with MCI.
PG Medical Entrance Exam
Admission to PG medical courses / PG diploma courses in CMC Vellore will be based on the score obtained in NEET PG entrance exam (National Eligibility Entrance Test PG).The candidates must qualify in NEET PG to be eligible to participate in the selection process of CMC Vellore.
NEET PG is an All India level postgraduate medical entrance exam conducted by NBE for MD MS admission / PG diploma admission in medical colleges in India.
PG Admission Process
The detailed CMC Vellore admission procedure for PG medical admission / PG diploma admission in CMC Vellore is mentioned below:
- CMC Vellore shall invite application forms from NEET PG qualified candidates seeking admission MD/MS/Diploma course.
- The eligible candidates seeking PG medical admission / PG diploma admission must apply for CMC Vellore with NEET PG score.
- The candidates shall be shortlisted based on NEET PG score (Step 1) for Step 2 of the selection process.
- A medical checkup will be held on the first day of Step 2. All candidates invited for the Step 2 must bring a Chest X-ray taken within the last 6 months.
- Candidates who are invited to Step 2 must have the following documents for admission.
- MBBS Degree Certificate
- Course and Conduct Certificate issued by the Principal / Dean of the College
- State Medical Council Registration Certificate
- NEET PG score sheet
- Final selected candidates must report to the Principals Office with the required documents to register themselves for the PG medical course / PG diploma course for which they have been selected.
CHRISTIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE VELLORE SEAT MATRIX
The medical seat matrix for the undergraduate medical course and postgraduate medical courses offered at CMC Vellore is mentioned in the table below. The total number of MBBS seats in Christian Medical College Vellore is 100 and the total number of PG medical seats including diploma courses is 185.
|D.D.V.L||Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||1|
|D.G.O||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||6|
|POSTGRADUATE MEDICAL DEGREE|
|M.D||Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3|
|M.D||Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation||4|
|M.S||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||6|
CMC VELLORE FEE STRUCTURE
Note: The CMC Vellore fee structures are subject to change without notice. The fees at the time of medical admission are the actual fees payable.
CMC VELLORE MBBS FEE STRUCTURE
CMC Vellore fee structure for MBBS course is mentioned in the table below:
|UNDERGRADUATE MEDICAL COURSE FEE (MBBS FEE STRUCTURE)|
|PARTICULARS||FEE (IN RUPEES)|
|Tuition fee (per year)||3000|
|One time College fee at admission||8800|
|Other annual fees||15105|
|One time payment to University||13425|
CMC VELLORE PG MEDICAL FEE STRUCTURE & PG DIPLOMA FEE STRUCTURE
CMC Vellore fee structure for MD/MS/Diploma course is mentioned in the table below:
|CMC VELLORE – PG MEDICAL & PG DIPLOMA FEE STRUCTURE|
|FEE (IN RUPEES)||2 YEARS DIPLOMA||2 YEARS DEGREE DIPLOMA
|3 YEARS DEGREE|
|One time establishment fee||10000||15000||15000|
CMC VELLORE INFRASTRUCTURE
CMC Vellore has state of the art infrastructure. The medical college campus is located in a green, quiet and calm 200-acre site. Various academic and extracurricular facilities are available for the development of the medical students. The campus houses well-stocked Libraries, Lecture Theatres, Laboratories, Auditorium, CMC Hospital, Canteen, etc. This private medical college provides recreational facilities like tennis, badminton, basketball, volleyball, football, cricket, hockey and table tennis. Separate Hostels are made available for both men and women.
CMC VELLORE HOSTEL FEE
Christian Medical College has well-constructed separate hostels for both men and women with all the required amenities. The CMC Vellore hostel fee structure is as mentioned below:
CMC Vellore Hostel Fee Details
|PARTICULARS||CATEGORY||FEE IN RUPEES|
|Hostel charges – Deposits and advances||Men||10000|
|Monthly bills||Men||(approx) 6000|
CHRISTIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE VELLORE MANAGEMENT DETAILS
CMC Vellore, affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, is administered and managed by qualified medical professionals. The details of administration and management staff at CMC Vellore are mentioned below:
|CHRISTIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE VELLORE – MANAGEMENT|
|Dr. M.C. Mathew (MBBS, MD (Paed), DCH, Dip NB, DCR(Lon), Ph.D.)||Chairman|
|Dr. Sanjeeth Peter (MBBS, MS, M.Ch)||Vice Chairman|
|Dr. Thomas Samuel Ram (MBBS, MD)||Secretary|
|Mr. S. Robby Pria Sunder Singh (MCom, A.C.A)||Treasurer|
|CHRISTIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE VELLORE – ADMINISTRATION|
|Dr. Sunil Thomas Chandy (MBBS, MD, DM, M.Phil.)||Director|
|Dr. Anna B Pulimood (MBBS, MD (Path), Ph.D.)||Principal|
|Dr. Eapen C.E. (MBBS, MD, DM, DNB)||Medical Superintendent|
CHRISTIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE VELLORE FACULTY
Christian Medical College Vellore (CMC Vellore) is one of the best private medical colleges in India affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University. CMC Vellore provides excellent teaching and training facilities. This private medical college has a huge team of over 9,066 staff that includes 1,656 doctors, 1,969 teaching & technical staff, 2,646 nurses and 874 administrative staff.
CMC Vellore Hospital is one of the best multi-specialty teaching hospitals in India with over 2800 beds serving inpatients and outpatients. The CMC hospital is highly equipped with modern medical technology for the treatment of patients. Besides providing best medical services, CMC Hospital Vellore is known for providing excellent practical training to the medical students. Highly qualified medical professionals with good years of experience provide the clinical training to the students to enable them to become qualified and committed future doctors.
CMC VELLORE ADDRESS
Christian Medical College Vellore is located at the below mentioned address:
Ida Scudder Road, Vellore – 632004, Tamil Nadu, India
CHRISTIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE VELLORE CONNECTIVITY
Chennai International Airport is the nearest airport to Vellore. It is well connected with major cities of the country. From the airport, road transportation is convenient and easily available to reach CMC Vellore. Vellore is also well connected with other major cities by Roadways and Railways.
Christian Medical College Vellore (CMC Vellore), affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, is one of the top medical colleges in India. The institution is well known for providing quality health care services and producing qualified professionals in the field of medicine. Most of the medical aspirants seek medical admission at CMC Vellore. However, this demands aspirants to qualify in NEET exam. Since NEET is a national level medical entrance exam and one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, not every medical aspirant will be able to secure those marks required for medical admission in CMC Vellore. If you are one among those unfortunate students then do not worry. There are many top medical colleges in Karnataka offering high-quality medical education.
We are one the leading education consultants and admission consultants in Bangalore providing direct medical admission under management quota / NRI quota in top medical colleges in Karnataka. With more than a decade of experience in providing medical admission guidance, our expert admission counselling services have helped students to choose the right medical college in Karnataka apt to their personality. We aim at facilitating the entire college admission process for the students.
Seeking Direct Medical Admission in Top Medical Colleges in Karnataka? Contact Us