Master of Dental Surgery in Periodontics
Master of Dental Surgery in Periodontics is a post-graduate course that deals with the study and treatment of diseases of the supporting and investing structures of the teeth including the gums, periodontal ligament, cementum, and alveolar bone. A professional who practices Periodontics is known as Periodontist.
Duration: The duration of M.D.S in Periodontics is 3 years.
Eligibility: M.D.S. in Periodontics can be pursued by those who have completed their Bachelor’ degree in Dental Surgery (B.D.S) approved by Dental Council of India.
Course Fees: For M.D.S. in Periodontics course fees, contact us.
Further Study Opportunities: M.D.S. in Periodontics is beneficial to pursue higher studies such as Ph.D., etc.
Role of Periodontic Specialists
- Periodontic Specialists treat patients who have gum diseases and other issues in the bones and gums surrounding the teeth.
- They may also perform cosmetic procedures which include tissue reductions or grafts to alter the way a person’s smile looks.
- They are also involved in non-surgical tasks like developing treatment plans, placing implants and providing preventive care.
Scope of M.D.S in Periodontics
- Those who have completed M.D.S. in Periodontics can work in government and private dental institutions attached with hospitals, multispecialty clinics, polyclinics, defense services, health care units of different companies.
- They can set up their own private clinic.
- They can work as consultants, professors, dental surgeons, oral pathologists, dental hygienists, medical representative, etc.
Looking for Management Seat @ Private Dental Colleges in Karnataka? Contact Us!