Despite a plethora of career opportunities for Indian students in today’s date, MBBS still remains one of the most sought-after degrees among them. A couple of years ago, securing a seat for MBBS was a mammoth task. Times have changed, however, and today a lot of students prefer to study MBBS outside India i.e, Abroad & MBBS abroad Fees is very less so they fulfill their ambitions of becoming a doctor. From the USA to the UK, Germany, Poland, Russia, China, Bangladesh, Philippines etc. the list of countries offering medical education to Indian students have been on the rise steadily – and so has the list of cheap medical schools abroad that fail to provide quality education and build genuine doctors.
NEET Rank & Eligibility Certificate is Must:
Union Government and the MCI have made it compulsory for all students to qualify from NEET and then proceed to foreign countries for MBBS. They have to obtain eligibility certificate from MCI without which outside admissions are not possible and what would facilitate the candidate to take screening test conducted here.
12 Lakh students are writing NEET every year for 68000 medical seats across India and out of 4 Lakh candidates clearing the NEET with rank, many are opting for BDS or other para medical courses and thus MBBS has become distance dream for many. So candidates are looking for foreign countries to complete their dream.
Lists of Security & Risks Factor to consider while taking Abroad MBBS admission:
An estimated 9,000 to 10,000 students opt for abroad to study medicine and the number is gradually increasing year by year with the introduction to many universities from different countries and also due to MBBS Abroad fees, subsequently the problems for Indian students studying abroad are also increasing as the student and parent are not furnished without proper information about the following points.
Foreign medical institutions admit Indian students without proper assessment or screening of the students’ with the result that many students fail to qualify the screening test.
1. Eligibility to do Abroad MBBS – NEET & Eligibility certificate are two mandatory documents for Abroad MBBS admissions by MCI with the approval of Union Health Ministry.
2. To get Medical License in India – Students have to qualify through a screening test called the Foreign Medical Graduates Exam (FMGE) for registration to practice in India after obtaining a primary medical qualification (MBBS) overseas.
3. Importance of Primary Medical Qualification – MBBS with course duration of 5 years in Georgia and Kyrgyzstan, etc is not a Primary Medical Qualification.
4. University standards at par with MCI guidelines – Check the level of standards (infrastructure, faculty, attached hospitals) and status of University (Government, Recognitions), PG, and PhD and accommodation facilities are available or not. Some agents/consultants are misguiding the students and parents in terms of medium of instruction, quota, duration, fee, , recognitions, etc.,
Example: Students are suffering with bilingual mode of teaching since most of the Chinese Medical institutions teach MBBS program in Chinese also.
5. Choose for right Agencies – Student recruiting Agencies should be registered in India and Abroad with same name which should follows rules, regulations, guidelines, advisories given by the concerned medical councils, Embassies, Governments of respective countries.
Note: Fake agencies are making false promises, giving improper information, violating NEET rule, making private visas instead of student’s visas, admitting students to Pre Medical courses and cheating innocent students.
6. Quota should be maintained – Excess Intake is affecting the quality of education for many medical institutions in abroad. Note: Some Universities in Philippines, Kyrgyzstan etc are taking excess intake.
7. Direct MBBS/ Indirect MBBS, Clarity in Duration and Pre Medical courses – It is highly advised for Indian students to follow British pattern as it is similar to India and gives an option to do Direct MBBS like in India. Countries like Philippines and Caribbean Islands (Central America) are not having Direct MBBS.
Philippines – Philippines Embassy clarifies that students need to do 2-4 years BS program and NMAT qualification prior to enter 1st year MBBS in Philippines and concerned government bodies clarifies that students need to clear basic science program before entering to 1st year MBBS program in Caribbean islands.
Caribbean Islands (Central America) – Attracting students by using the name of USA, 2 years theory will be in Caribbean islands and 2 years clinical will be in USA with USMLE step 1 clearance guarantee and visa guarantee.
8. Status of country – Analyse the country’s political, economic, social and weather conditions which shows an impact on basic infrastructure facilities lack of this facilities leads to low quality of education and security. Also check for the bilateral relations between our country and destination country.
9. Visa Issues – Complete guidelines of student visa procedures should be provided. Some agents are sending students by tourist visa instead of student visas.
Note: Embassy of Philippines is strictly mentioning the students not to travel on tourist visa and many Indian students were deported from Georgia with irregular visa procedures done by fraud agencies” reported by Ministry of External Affairs of India
10. In case of Help – In countries there is no Indian Embassy; students may not get immediate help when they face problems and recently Indian students deported back to India even with a valid visa by Georgian immigration authorities. For example: Georgia, Caribbean islands (Central America) like Barbodas, Belize etc have no Indian Embassies.
11. Language – The medium of instruction is English in most of the Universities but it is also very common to acquaint with the native language of the country to interact with patients.
12. Fee structure – The fee structure should be transparently informed to the parent and the parent should be educated to directly transfer their children fee to the University to avoid all fraud concepts. If fee paid through official registered agencies proper receipt should be taken.
13. Scholarships – Concerned State Governments of India and few government Universities provide scholarships where the agents not informing transparently to the students.
Looking for MBBS Admission in Abraod ? Contact Us!